Sunday, 5 December 2010

Sunny Sunday!

Blimey this weather lark's a bit changeable . . . having had snow and frost and ice we woke this morning to find freezing fog!!! AND NOW? It's all burnt off and the sun is shining up a storm - looks lovely out there and we've reached the giddy temperature heights of 4° - positively balmy by compared to most temperatures over the last couple of weeks!!!!


Anyway, I've been hanging around a bit before posting today as I've been waiting to see what today's themed challenge is over on Craft Mad & Loving It but its not yet been posted - I'll post it as soon as I see it . . . in the meantime, what have I been up to?


Regular readers will know that my hubby usually heads off to the field for some model plane activity of a Sunday morning and this morning was no exception. We had freezing fog but it had started to lift before he headed off. No real surprise to me though, he was back within 30 minutes as he'd approached the field the fog was much thicker so he'd decided against it and came home, stopping on his way to buy a Sunday paper. This disrupted my planned crafting morning, being my usual routine, as he suggested putting up some more Christmas decorations and we are now fully decorated with the exception of the external lights - a bit too blooming cold out there this morning but we may yet get round to it as it's warmed up!! So, all I've managed to craft today are some napkin rings - we are catering for the masses (well, the surrogates anyway) on December 21st so I thought I would make some simple but festive napkin rings - I die cut eight circles of white card (slightly larger than my Inkadinkado sentiment) and then four each of green and red DCWV Shimmer card) slightly larger again. I then took a sheet of black A4 and cut seven 3cm strips widthwise. Once these were cut I marked 1" in from each end and cut a narrow "V" from the top of the strip at one end and the bottom at the other end and the formed my circle with a 1" overlap. Once I'd stamped my circular image centrally on my smaller white circles I then punched a tiny hole in the middle and pushed a toning red (or green) brad through a snowflake before attaching to my red (or green circle) and then applying adhesive to the black overlaps of my napkin "ring" to which I then stuck my sentiment circle. Being continuous sentiment I didn't have to worry about getting it upright so I then added the finishing touch of some crystal stickles to the "snowflake" design of the sentiment...... a simple (and idiot proof) napkin ring!


Hope your Sunday is turning out as well as my own and that the weather has improved wherever you are.

4 comments:

Fleur said...

Kathy what a stunning napkin ring, I love the stamp you have used.
Hugz fleur xXx

Brenda Brown said...

Great project Kathy - love the snowflake (of course).
I hope you are well and haven't been too cold in the wintry weather and I hope you have had a good weekend too. Take care.
luv {brenda} xox

My name is Wynneth said...

Lovely napkin rings Kathy, your festive table will look.... well.... Festive!!!! Great idea :O)
hugs
wynneth
x

Lauren Hatwell said...

Hmmmm, not surprised Steve decided to head home again Kathy. Love those napkin rings. SO stylish!

Lx