Monday, 13 December 2010

Think I must be working on 2011!

Even though I've made over 100 Christmas cards and sent out about as many as I plan to (with some left - at the moment!) I don't seem to be able to stop myself making Christmas cards . . . . Lauren did a simple but clever sketch for this weeks challenge and I've already made a couple of sketchie cards in response to this challenge.

However, I found myself wide awake at stupid o'clock and whilst waiting for sleep to claim me once more I found myself planning another card . . . . Laurens sketch showed a tall thin image panel and, so far, I hadn't really utilised a tall thin image . . . . enter stage left in to my imagination my Dolly Mama Christmas image! Right, next bit then . . .  I stamped the image in memento tuxedo black ink before colouring in using pro markers, Atyou Spica and Sakura glitter pens. I cropped the image fairly closely and matted with a very narrow black border. I had some Papermania Christmas papers and selected the red spotty paper ..... at this point I made the decision to go tall and thin and selected a cream DL base card. I cut a black layer very close in size to the DL card and then the spotty paper very slightly smaller again. On to this I layered a panel of black card across the width  and then a slightly narrower strip (an offcut) of DCWV shimmer burgundy card. I had a piece of silver holographic card which seemed the right height so merely cut it just slightly wider than my image panel. I then added two red faux gemstones (to the white spots top left) to finish it off, and there you have it! I like it and hope you do too.

We've had parcel post, regular post and a courier delivery today . . . lots of lovely Christmas cards, so thank you to all who have sent me and my hubby a card. A box of really funky slippers (for a couple of friends, though now I'm wishing I'd ordered myself a pair too) and . . . .  my Christmas present from me to ME!! . . .  a BIG SHOT!! which I've been very good and have yet to unpack until after I'd finished this card and I need to run a couple of errands this afternoon and then I can PLAY!!! All I need now is stamperdog to assist in the unpacking - see him here

5 comments:

Debs M x said...

LOVE this card Kathy, at this rate you won't need to make any cards for next year! x

Lauren Hatwell said...

Fab card Kathy. I love the tall thin panel on this one. The red is so funky and I love the dotty bp's. Love that image too. Lx

scrappyjacky said...

Christmas card making is definately addictive!!
Enjoy your Big Shot.

Dora said...

Aww this is such a fun card, love it... and thats definitely a wow making 100 cards. Next year I am definitely going to start soonerxx

Louise said...

I really like the image you have used on this card and the bps. I can see why you are liking this weeks sketchie- it caught my imagination too. You can never have too many Christmas cards- it takes the pressure off makign them next year if you make a few now while you are in the mood (easier to make them now than in June when it is sunny, I find).
I'm very jealous of your Big Shot!!! I hope you have fun with it. I think you had a diecutter before though- maybe it was a Cuttlebug- what made you change/up grade?