Saturday, 18 December 2010

Third and final instalment for today - please scroll down to catch the other two!

I have made my sketchie card for today, the lovely sketch was set by Karen and her cunning little twist was to KEEP IT SIMPLE . . . . .

I selected a white C6 card and, following a couple of cards made recently with quite a lot of white space this one has come out similarly. I had some lilac paper and had used a Quickutz die cut (a three parter - a scalloped outer frame, an inner square with a circle cut out and the circle) square and the inner circle. I had a nellie snellen die cut zig zag circle in silver which was very slightly larger than my embossed circle and seemed to be perfect for this project too. I mounted my square on black card and also the matching strip of lilac. I used a goosebumps flourish embossing die on the circle. ScrappyJacky had sent me a couple of chip board butterflies and this is the largest one to which I applied glossy accents to the wings and sprinkled purple glitter and shook off the excess before adding glossy accents to the body and using the fabulous black/pinky purple/green Sparkle'n'sprinkle glitter. Finally, I assembled the elements on to my card and finished it by adding four lilac faux gemstones. Rather unusually, for me, there is no stamping on this card which (in my mind) kept it cunningly simple!! Hope you like it.

4 comments:

jackid said...

No Kathy I don't like it I love it, it's spot on I think very simple but very very stylish well done you
Jackixx

Lauren Hatwell said...

Well you certainly did those butterflies justice there Kathy. Its a great take on the sketchie. Lx

Dora said...

This is gorgeous Kathy, love the glittered butterfly and sketch it gorgeous xx

My name is Wynneth said...

This is beautiful Kathy, so elegant and perfect for any occasion. Loving that sparkly butterfly.
hugs
wynneth
x