Tuesday, 28 December 2010

Tuesday again and I wonder what the weather has in store today

Morning all - even if it is only JUST morning. I think all the partying and eating has caught up with Hubby and me as we woke up at 10:00 this morning!!! Of course, this has meant that we are off to a fairly sluggish start . . . not even showered and dressed yet! BUT, I've still managed a spot of light crafting . . . well, more particularly scrap booking. After yesterdays rather unimaginative layout I thought I'd better do something a tad more dressy with the layout for Christmas Day . . . .  Having selected my Brenda Pinnick green paper and cut to size (it being 12" x 12" and my album currently being 8½" X 11"), I THEN used the corner punch from my Martha Stewart Poinsettia PATP set on the journalling (top corners only as the bottom ones were going to be obscured). I took my holly flourish stamp and inked up with Distress Ink - Forest Moss - and stamped around the edges and up the centre - where there might be gaps between photos. I had laid out my photos on a blank piece and transferred them one at a time, gluing in to place. Once they were all adhered I added red pearl "berries" to my holly before highlighting the flourishes with crystal stickles. I hope you think it an improvement on yesterdays!

Talking of yesterday . . . we headed off to my brother and S-I-L's, arriving around 4:30 to a house FULL and I mean full. You know how people end up in the kitchen at parties? Well, that's where we had to start as the lounge was full to the brim. My S-I-L has two married brothers who have about four children each - they kept moving so how was I going to keep count? My brother and S-I-L have two boys but one was holidaying in France with his fiancee and there were various parents and friends too. Of course, the advantage of being in the kitchen is that you get first round at the buffet, and second round and even third!!! Ooops, a mistake, I think! as there seemed to be enough to feed an army and my brother and family are off to Thailand to attend a wedding in only four days so most people were sent home with a "doggy bag" too. It was great to catch up with Ann's folks as we mostly only get the chance to meet up at Christmas now the boys are grown up and there are no kid's birthday parties!!! Happy Holidays Steve and Ann and Happy New Year.

I'm crafting with pals this afternoon so do check back later and see what we came up with . . .  we're all planning to use the same stamp set as we all had them for Christmas, it will be so interesting to see how differently the projects turn out.

Have a great day, however you are spending it.


2 comments:

Debs M x said...

hope you have a lovely afternoon Kathy x

Cherry said...

Scrap book LO looks great especially with all the details like the punched corners Kathy. Have a wild afternoon - can't wait to see your creations. Glad you had a great time yesterday. Hugs Cherry xxx