Tuesday, 11 January 2011

2nd post for Tuesday - please scroll down for the earlier post

Here's my 2nd post - thought I'd better do some quick crafting before getting ready for dinner!

My Crafty Individuals stamps prompted me to make Christmas cards (wot? in January? Give it a rest - I hear you cry!). They are so nice that I couldn't wait until later in the year to get them all inky. I don't like the finished result of this one as much as yesterdays but hey - I did want to use as much of the red card as possible as it was a new sheet and I really did NOT want to add to my pile of offcuts! This was the DCWV white core red cardstock which I then ran through my die cutter inside one of my new Tim Holtz embossing folders. I stamped the C.I. Christmas stamp in memento tuxedo black ink and then matted on to gold DCWV shimmer metallics card. Narrow satin ribbon in red (courtesy of Michaels @ 50c a reel) was tied in a bow around the red embossed card before attaching it to my base card and then adhering my layered sentiment panel. I then stamped up my Impression Obsession individual holly leaves and berry using Brilliance Ivy and Crimson on to white card and cut out before adhering using dimensional silicon glue and then highlighting with crystal stickles. I stamped a co-ordinating holly image on the insert and envelope.

If you've read my earlier post then you will know we have a dinner guest this evening and I thought I would make a place card to reflect her personality - so this is Debbie the diva!!! I used an ATC blank and creased it in half lengthways. On a separate piece of white card I stamped my Paper Artsy "Harlow" star using memento ink (grape jelly) and then cut out and adhered to the "front" half of my folded ATC. On to my ATC I then stamped a scribble star (unknown but probably Anitas) and then alphabet stamps from the unbelievable Costco kit -again using Memento grape jelly. I coloured the skin using skin white copic marker and then my Sakura clear glitter gelly roll pen (which is more platinum). Hope you, and Debbie, like it!

Now, since my dinner guest is due at seven I'd better get a wiggle on and go lay the table etc! Catch y'all tomorrow - have a splendid evening!

5 comments:

SallyB said...

Hi Kathy...
Lovely crafty individuals stamps! I have a few...the trees and butterflies! They are very generous as I got some freebies too...paper pad and some mini stamps!
I think I may have to have a little break from making Christmas cards...just need to get some other things out of my system first..have been looking at a pile of images, some already coloured in that I must use up before I ink anymore! The girls are getting very excited as the Disney adverts have been on tv for a few days now with all the summer deals!
I expect we will be contacting you soon!
Check back in to see you later...x

My name is Wynneth said...

Two super projects Kathy and I'm sure that your dinner guest will appreciate her special place card ;o) Hope you have a fabulous evening.
hugs
wynneth
x

Brenda Brown said...

Great make Kathy - hope you are enjoying your evening.
luv and hugs {brenda} xoxox

judie said...

Its a gorjuss creation Kathy, well done hun

Thank you for all your encouragement over the last year, the shop will finally be born !!!

Hugs
Judie xx

Lauren Hatwell said...

Love those stamps Kathy. The Harlow one is a really winner. Fab project and I DO love the stylish purple.

Lx