Saturday, 15 January 2011

2nd post of the day - please scroll down for earlier post

Hi there - me again!

Well it IS Saturday and there's always likely to be a second post on a Saturday - with it being sketchie day too!!

My card dried out (see earlier post for that to make sense) and it looked RUBBISH with a water stain round the image so I knew that was never going to work but, in principle, the card was still OK and had a lovely piece of lime green grosgrain ribbon FIRMLY attached so there was nothing for it but to recycle it! I was trawling blogs this morning and came across a reference on SallyB's blog to the Penny Black Saturday challenge buffet so I checked it out here and, sure enough, I thought I could make this work with my sketchie. You have to pick any FOUR items from the buffet and ribbon was one of them (CHECK!) so I just needed to pick three more - since I needed to cover up my water stain I selected patterned paper, gemstones and buttons - BINGO. I found this adorable diva image by Penny Black which meant my card could be entered and off I went! For the "Mirror Mirror" twist of the CMLI challenge I selected MIRROR card (like it?!).


Materials used: 
  • My "ruined" white card blank and matching envelope
  • Penny Black image stamped in memento tuxedo black on to white card
  • Pro Markers and Copic Atyou Spica glitter pens
  • Lime Grosgrain ribbon
  • Lime buttons
  • Green faux gemstones
  • Mirror card (from a QVC kit I've had for AGES)
  • Two pieces of patterned paper from My Minds Eye


4 comments:

SallyB said...

Hey Kathy...
What a great come back for the ruined card!!! A victory snatched from the jaws of defeat...don't you just love it when that happens... It looks great!
So pleased that I was able to help you this morning...
I am mooching around the house now, puttiing things away and making lists. We are going to have a New Year change around in the house I think... share with you later once we have decided what goes where...Have a great crafting day.

Debs M x said...

fab card x

kath said...

love your funky lady kathy.....thanks for joining in the fun at Penny Black Saturday..hugs kath xxx

debby4000 said...

What a lovely cute card.
luv
Debby