Wednesday, 5 January 2011

2nd post of the day - please scroll down to read earlier post

Right, back again and I've been working on my hot choccie tin. It started out as a recycling excercise which I had planned to enter in the recycling challenge over on I Love Pro Markers but it just sort of grew organically and I ultimately decided that Pro Markers weren't appropriate and water coloured with Brilliance inks instead! I used distress inks in Bundled Sage, Peeled Paint, Forest Moss, Wild Honey, Mustard Seed, Barn Door, Tea Dye  and Brilliance inks in Rust, beige, cocoa, and lightning black and versamark in sage and gingerbread. Stamps used were ALL by Paper Artsy from three Hot Picks sets (one received for Christmas) and I was lucky enough to have the matching flower die with this present too.





7 comments:

Lauren Hatwell said...

Its FAB! I love it. What a great project and who'd a thought it was just a humble hot chocolate tin eh? Lx

Cherry said...

Just love this project and those stamps and dies Kathy. This really just sings perfection Kathy and deserves a good use - PMs or not. Can't wait to hear where you will be vacating this year -all those yummy photos. We are off to the Isle of Harris in April picking up mum on the way. Not sure about the summer /autumn yet. Hugs Cherry xxx

Fleur said...

Wow Kathy this is gorgeous, love the way you've used those fantastic stamps ~ must blow the dust off mine!
Hugz Fleur xXx

Debs M x said...

fabulous, well done x

My name is Wynneth said...

Beautiful project, the choc tin is vastly improved by your creativity :O)

hugs
wynneth
x

Lilian said...

Thats really good I like it a lot well done. I can see you never throwing another tin away. Somewhere to put all your pens, Take care lilian xx

joanne wardle said...

ooooo great upcycling!! the new PaperArsty stamps are great aren't they? I'm a bit addicted to collecting the hotpicks