Thursday, 6 January 2011

2nd post of the day - please scroll down to read earlier post

Me again!

Since I was so determined to enter One Layer Wednesday here I thought I'd best have another go. This week's challenge, set yesterday, was YELLOW. I used the fabulous post it technique I am so fond of (in it's original form) and distress inks in Mustard Seed with just a hint of Wild Honey around the edges. Once I removed the post its I inked up my fab Paper Artsy stamp in memento tuxedo black and stamped slightly off the bottom of the previously masked area and then added (again in black) my Stamping Up sentiment. This is the first time I've entered the One Layer Wednesday challenge, normally preferring a number of layers - it's quite liberating and will most definitely NOT be requiring a LARGE stamp when the time comes to post it properly!!



16 comments:

stempelomi said...

I love it! Great work!

Hugs,Beate

Kati said...

what a wonderful artwork - love it!

Fleur said...

Gorgeous card Kathy, the image looks stunning against the warm background
Hugz Fleur xXx

Cherry said...

Mmmmmm Kathy - lovely and warm with a wonderful stamp singing out. Hugs Cherry XXX

Debgem said...

This is really lovely!

Stacy said...

Very nice, I like the bold yellow you used :)

joanne wardle said...

That's actually my favourite stamp to use with that technique. Wonderful card. it is fun to limit yourself to one layer sometimes isn't it?

Arlene B. said...

Beautiful card, very striking! I will have to look up that technique.

Linda Cain said...

I LOVE this!! Great color and composition!!!!

Linda

Karen said...

Love the warm feeling this card gives!

Heather T said...

You have used my favourite technique here too and done it so beautifully. I love that image and the gorgeous sponging.

Donelda said...

this is awesome!! love your color gradient look! so glad you played so we could all admire this beauty!

Susan said...

I tried to do something like this a failed miserabley....you totally ROCKED this challenge!! Love the card!!

Chrissie said...

This is fabulous, I'm going to have to have a go at something similar to this.
Thanks for the inspiration!
Chrissie

Susan Raihala said...

Oh, Kathy, this is glowingly gorgeous and so very uplifting! Thanks for playing the OLW...hope to see you playing again!

Saskia said...

Love this card, beautiful warm shades of yellow!