Monday, 10 January 2011

2nd post of the day - please scroll down to read earlier post

Bah Humbug January challenge
Well, I took delivery of some fab new stamps from Crafty Individuals and a few of them were Christmas stamps so what better than to get started on a Christmas card!! Over at Bah Humbug the first challenge of the year is Fairies and Holly . . . first of all I thought it had to be both but some of their own design team just used one so I thought this one was just perfick! to get me started on my 2010 Christmas card stash!!! I had some envelopes that I had brought back from the U.S. so cut and folded myself a card to fit, cut some pearly green paper ever so slightly smaller than the white base card and then some red DCWV "white core" cardstock slightly smaller again - ran that through a Papermania snowflake embossing folder before sanding to reveal the white core. I stamped my Crafty Individuals with Brilliance Green ink on the holly and memento tuxedo black on the sentiment and set aside for the Brilliance to dry whilst I adhered the larger panels to the base card. Whilst it was still drying I stamped the holly sprig on my envelope and insert (left side) and my C.I. sentiment again on the right side of the insert and I also used a red Atyou Spica glitter to colour the berries. I then mounted the sentiment/image panel on red card (offcut of the DCWV white corn) and then on the green pearl paper before finishing off with the small gold bows. Voila! One of the first cards towards 2011!!!


7 comments:

Debs M x said...

way to go Kathy!!! one down....

Dawn said...

Great card! Well done on getting started again!!! I still feel all Christmassed out!!! lol!
Hugs
Dawn xxx

scrappyjacky said...

Yep....one down....and how many to go???
I'm waiting my Crafty Individuals delivery....couldn't resist their 20% off!!!

Rita said...

What a Stunning card Kathy. Hugs Rita xxx

Max said...

YAY Kathy - what a fabulous card to kick start your 2011 collection. Love the holly and sentiment stamp and I think I might just need to check out Crafty Individuals lol! Thank you for sharing with us at Bah! Humbug!

Luv'n'Stuff
Max
xx
Max's Craft Creations
Bah! Humbug! Challenges DT

Ann said...

Hi Kathy - Fabulous card - so glad you realised that you didn't have to use holly and a fairy - sheesh we may not have seen your card.
Thank you so much for sharing your work with us at Bah! Humbug! and good luck in the draw.
Ann xxx
Bah! Humbug! DT

My name is Wynneth said...

And what a triumph of a christmas card this turned out to be too Kathy :O) Wonderful CI stamps and fabulous papers too :O) I can feel a CI purchase coming on - my poor, poor CC ;o)
hugs
wynneth
x