Sunday, 30 January 2011

2nd post of the day - please scroll down to read earlier post

Evening all,

Well, after a bad days crafting at the purple palace yesterday I thought I'd try one of my own personal nemeses - a masculine card, and also let my imagination run riot a bit .... I sometimes accuse myself of being too pedestrian in my work and, whilst this is not exactly "out there" it's a bit different from my norm - something I'm trying to do a lot this weekend - sometimes it works ............................... and sometimes, not!!! How do YOU think it turned out?


Materials used:
  • Straw coloured C6 base card and matching envelope
  • Black card - one piece die cut using a Tim Holtz die and one masked using the "industrial" mask acquired at Westpoint with the silver Glitzies from Imagination Crafts
  • Piece of gold open weave fabric
  • Various bits of fibres
  • A distressed 3/8" eyelet  set with my crop-a-dile
  • Sunshine Designs image stamped three times (without re-inking) in memento tuxedo black ink on to white card and the edges distressed
  • Distress inks: Tea Dye, Vintage Photo, Frayed Burlap, Rusty Hinge, Black Soot
  • Metallic rub ons in bronze and gold
Hubby's gone indoor flying this evening and there's "nothing on the telly"! (again) so I may do some more crafting, finish my Clive Cussler book or watch a movie - or maybe even all of the above - have a fab evening and do check in with my little bloglet again tomorrow to see if anything else went on at the table of purple craftiness!!!

7 comments:

scrappyjacky said...

I like it Kathy.....definately a bit different.

Croms' Cubby Hole said...

I like it as well. Love the "ghosting" effect of triple stamping you did here. Very striking colour combo.

jackid said...

Love this one Kathy and there is something for you on my blog
Jacki xx

My name is Wynneth said...

I really love this kathy, fabulous embossing folder on the black card (I've got that one and am embarassed to 'fess that I haven't actually used it yet !) the gold/brown and black look so lush together and that's a really great shape edging on the left of the black layer. Is it a die or a punch? Hope you're having a great evening, whatever you're doing.
hugs
wynneth
x

joanne wardle said...

I think it's wonderful and very masculine!!

Katiejane said...

I'm loving your new style, this is the prefect "Man's card" and I love that die!
Katie x

Lauren Hatwell said...

I think you've absolutely nailed it Kathy. What a fantastic card on any level. Great colours. Lx