Saturday, 22 January 2011

Morning and welcome to sketchie day!

Happy Saturday peeps,

Hope your credit cards aren't lying around somewhere, panting, following yesterdays massive CRAFT DAY on QVC. I saw a few things I would like, from Imagination crafts and I very nearly ordered some 6" square plain and scalloped white cards but ........ it's the P&P that puts me off! It has to be said that I have browsed the wonderful Imagination website on more than one occasion and am STILL very tempted . . . . see it here

And, considering I seldom win much, by a very spooky coincidens I have won the blog candy over at the Craft Barn - which was offered when the blog reached 400 followers - thanks guys, so much. It's a mystery prize but apparently includes some Marianne stencils - woo hoo indeed, will post a piccie when  it arrives

Anyhoo, with my pal Lauren having a little break from Craftbubble I am keeping her seat warm until her return and today would be her turn to present the sketchie to the other members of the Craft Mad & Loving It group . . . so now it has fallen to me to do so in her place. I chose to tease my fellow crafters with the twist of "ANIMALS!"

So, without further ado here is my sketch and also the card I made from it. If you want to see the rest of the Design Teams fabulous take on my sketch then do pop over to Craftbubble here and check it out - both Karen and Rosie have done a fabulous job with my sketch - thanks ladies.

And my card, using this sketch


Materials used:
  • White card and matching envelope
  • Animal print card by DCWV
  • Brown card - supplier unknown
  • Gold and bronze card from the DCWV Shimmer metallics stack
  • Papermania sentiment stamped on to white card
  • Penny Black image stamped on to white card using memento tuxedo black ink
  • Pro Markers
  • Atyou Spica glitter pens
  • Small brown and orange brads
  • Retro punch in medium and small
Hope you'll all have a fabulous weekend, however you are planning to spend it.

6 comments:

Dora said...

Awww such a cute stamp, those kitties are a darling and congrats on your win, thats fantastic. Hugs xx

Debs M x said...

lovely card and great sketch x

clare said...

great challenge kathy. well done on your win! hoping to get another card done before the day is out!! X

scrappyjacky said...

Managed to avoid QVC altogether!! Congrats on the candy....I love the Craft Barn.
Those Penny Black images are great....lovely card.

Lilian said...

Congratulation on the win Kathy and the card is lovely.
Take care lilian

My name is Wynneth said...

WTG you!!! Well done young Kathy on:-

1. Winning the Craft Barn Candy, can't wait to see wot you get!
2. Providing us with a wonderful sketch and wicked twist over on CB CM&LI!
3. Creating a fabulous kitty kat card as your DT project.
4. Managing to resist buying anything from Craft Day

Hugs
wynneth
x