Sunday, 9 January 2011

Morning and welcome to Sunday morning

The sun is shining - it LOOKS lovely out there, but still only 2° - so I'm in no particular hurry to rush out there!

As you know, Saturday's are sketchie days and Sunday's are themed challenge days over on Craft Mad & Loving It. Well, yesterdays sketch and "pearls" theme obviously struck a spark in me as I have now completed THREE!! The adorable (in my eyes) purple one from yesterdays post and I ran up these two little beauties last evening - there was nothing on the TELLY!!! The pink one used another image sent as part of an image swap and is simply "gorjuss"!, the blue one uses a large Inkadinkado clear stamp and the smaller butterflies are a wooden stamp from part of the Costco Scrapbook kit - honestly it came with SOOOO much that I'm still discovering hidden bits and bobs in the kit! The papers are more from the Card Making and Paper Craft freebie and, although they are well out of character for me, I am coming to love them! Putting these two on here together does rather show how differently two cards can look despite using the same paper range AND the same sketch!


The themed challenge hasn't yet been set so you might want to check back later . . . . just in case! But if not, do have a wonderful day and enjoy the sunshine (those that have it) and, if you still have snow then do take care.

10 comments:

Dora said...

Hi Kathy, two really nice cards, they're gorgeous, and so colourful, lvoe them... It's sunny here too, but not that cold... brrr ... but in any case I'm staying indoors like you, this bad cold I got doesn't want to leave.. Hugs xxx

Debs M x said...

great cards Kathy, i do love those gg's tho x

jackid said...

Wow Kathy you have been a busy crafter and two more beautiful cards still have to put mine together well I will catch you later Ohh you asked if I used stayzon on my stamps yesterday no I didn't I nearly did but then remembered they are both acohol based so used a versa mark ink clear then embossed with block powder but have since found that the tom holts distress ink works great with them and you don't need to emboss another happy accident lol
Jacki xx

Lauren Hatwell said...

Sunny but cold here too Kathy. Two fabulous cards to warm us up though. I have to say (and its not just the colour) the bird card is my tip top favourite but that's not to diminish the total excellence of the first card. I would definitely say you have made the absolute most of that freebie stack of papers. Lx

scrappyjacky said...

Lovely cards,Kathy....particularly that gorjuss one!

clare said...

2 lovely card. x

Brenda Brown said...

A fabulous duo Kathy - they are amazingly different but gorgeous in their own right.
The sun has been shining here too so I took a drive to Hobbycraft and bought lots of different types of brads that were in their sale. I am experimenting with funky foam at the moment so you will see some of that later I hope.
Enjoy the rest of your day.
Take care.
luv and hugs {brenda} xoxox

Lou said...

Thanks for your lovely comment over on my blog kathy :o) xx I thought you might like my purple top! hehe

Love your cards, such pretty colours!

Hope you are well and that you and your husband had a fantastic Xmas and New Years.

Lou x

My name is Wynneth said...

And I can confirm that they are even more lovely in real life than they look in the piccies as I had the pleasure of meeting them today :O)

hugs
wynneth
x

Katiejane said...

You are right Kathy, they do look very different, concidering they follow the same sketch and theme. I'd say you made great use of your time and really....is there ever anything decent on tv these days???
I adore the Inkadinkadoo one :)
Katie x