Saturday, 8 January 2011

Sketchie Saturday!

Hi everyone and welcome to the weekend,

The weather looks a bit chilly but a really nice day out there - must be because hubby's gone flying!!! First chance this year! Shan't see him again till it starts to get dark! - Yay, so now I can craft.

Over on Craftbubble's Craft Mad & Loving It it's Sketchie challenge day today and it's been set this week by Karen and it's a lovely one this week, with the twist of PEARLS. so . . .  here's the sketch


And now for my take on the sketch. I took a C6 card and covered the front with one of the pad of free papers from Card Making and Papercraft (the base card was part of a CM&P prize too and one of the last three of the hundred I won). I used my Martha Stewart double border punch on white card to create the border which I then stuck to the offcut piece (how lucky was I with the color eh?) of Coredinations card using very narrow DST - to cover the exposed sticky bits I used ultra fine crystal glitter thus giving extra twinkle! I die cut a scalloped oval which I then roughly edged with a pinkish pad which I got from the dollar bin in Michaels (brand unknown). The dress up Maggi image was donated to me as part of an image swap (my thanks to the donor - she's just fab) and I coloured her using pro markers and used liquid pearls for well, her pearls! Once my card was assembled I added four grey faux pearls to finish it - like it? I do.



5 comments:

Lauren Hatwell said...

Oh, how funny. I was SO close to using these papers myself. Gorgeous aren't they. I DO love that image too. Isn't she great! Fab card Your Purpleness. Lx

Brenda Brown said...

HI Kathy. Like it? I love it, such a great interpretation of the sketch and fabulous colours. Great job.
luv and hugs {brenda} xoxox

judie said...

oh anyone would think you love purple lol, its gorjuss hun, great image as well xx

jackid said...

lovely card Kathy and great colours too xx

xxxtglxxx said...

Great card Kathy! :) Fab colouring, and very you! :D Hope you had a fun day.

We have the snow back up here.... about 6 inches tonight tut!
Oh well, the more I get snowed in, the more I shall have to craft. ;)

hugs

xxalisonxx