Friday, 14 January 2011

TGIF people!

Well, another week draws to a close - will it go out with a bang or a whimper? Nothing much planned here so much more of a whimper methinks!

Hubby's been on t'internet much of the morning trying to find us something to do for his birthday. Apparently, we have seats booked for a show at the Bristol Hippodrome late in February and he's currently working on a short theatre break in London - I'm also hoping to squish in a visit to Blade rubber and perhaps a meeting with friend, Lauren and Alan - IF they are available when we are there - still very much in the planning stages with nothing booked yet but I have told hubby that my idea of a show is really not SHREK - the Musical!!!!!

With hubby's birthday looming large AND Valentines Day too I thought I should crack on and make him a card - the first one out of the creative trap was a Valentines Day card. I've been studying a couple of blogs lately and been soooooooooooo impressed by the simplicity of design and the HUGE amount of white space - I've always been afraid of white space on my card, thinking it made my card look like I'd forgotten something. I entered a couple of challenges lately with white space on my cards and people have been very kind about them so I thought I would have a go with this Valentines Day Card.



Materials used:
  • Cream card and matching envelope
  • Plain white card, red coredinations offcut
  • Fiskars edging punch
  • Michaels organza ribbon
  • Flower stamp by Memory Box
  • Sentiment stamp on card by TPC Studio
  • Valentines Day stamp by Stampendous
  • Lavender self adhesive gemstone

And now for the Friday Funny ....... again, your thanks should be aimed at my friend, Pat!

Three Ladies in a  Sauna
THREE  WOMEN, TWO YOUNGER, AND ONE SENIOR CITIZEN, WERE
 SITTING NAKED IN A SAUNA.

SUDDENLY THERE WAS A BEEPING SOUND. THE YOUNG WOMAN
 PRESSED HER FOREARM AND THE BEEP STOPPED.


THE OTHERS LOOKED AT HER QUESTIONINGLY.  'THAT WAS MY
 PAGER,' SHE SAID. I HAVE A  MICROCHIP UNDER THE SKIN OF MY ARM.


A FEW MINUTES LATER, A PHONE RANG. THE SECOND YOUNG WOMAN LIFTED HER PALM TO HER EAR.
 WHEN SHE FINISHED, SHE EXPLAINED, 'THAT WAS MY MOBILE PHONE.. I HAVE A MICROCHIP IN MY HAND.'


THE OLDER WOMAN FELT VERY LOW -TECH. NOT TO  BE OUT DONE,
 SHE DECIDED SHE HAD TO DO SOMETHING  JUST AS IMPRESSIVE. SHE STEPPED OUT OF THE SAUNA AND
WENT TO THE BATHROOM.. SHE  RETURNED WITH A PIECE OF TOILET PAPER HANGING FROM HER REAR END.

THE OTHERS  RAISED THEIR EYEBROWS AND STARED AT HER.


THE OLDER WOMAN FINALLY SAID.......... WELL, WILL YOU LOOK
 AT THAT....... I'M GETTING A FAX!!


When you stop laughing, send this to those who will
appreciate it. Gotta love the old gals!!!!



6 comments:

Debs M x said...

great card, love the funny x

Dora said...

Ha ha Kathy, I love your Friday Funny that was hilarious :)) And your lots of white space card is really so elegant. me really find these so hard to do !! Hugs xxx

scrappyjacky said...

Lovely card,Kathy....very elegant.

jackid said...

Ha hahahah that was funny gave me a giggle any way love the card too very clean and crisp have you sorted the theatre out yet
Jacki xx

My name is Wynneth said...

Loving all that white space Kathy, I know what you mean though ! there's something that doesn't feel quite right about adding minimal embellies, I find it so hard ;o) Love the FF too, made me laugh out loud !
hugs
wynneth
x

clare said...

brilliant! x