Wednesday, 26 January 2011

Welcome to hump day Wednesday - sure comes round fast

Hi folks,

Wednesday again and lots more challenges to enter . . . but before I could start crafting there were a few things I needed to do. One was to make the soup I promised to make yesterday (oops!) and the other was to go and visit my pal, Dorothy, who I've not seen since before Christmas. SO, I got an earlyish start as hubby was off to Gloucester on the 09:52 train - and the soup was made by 10:30 leaving me plenty of time to go see Dorothy. Thankfully, she was well and pleased to see me . . . so we chatted and I made us coffee. Home in time to vouch for the fact that my squash and orange pepper soup is absolutely "souper"!!! The combination gives it a very smooth and slightly sweet taste - mmmmmmmoreish!

Over on I Love Pro Markers it's time for challenge #50 entitled "Lavender and Lace" and given my love of purple it just had to be done!!!


Materials used:
  • Light purple C5 card with matching envelope
  • Donated Art deco image stamped (thank you so much Louise Whitby)
  • Die cut mirri card in silver
  • Double sided sheet adhesive
  • Piece of lace offcut
  • Glitter in pinky purple and lavender
  • Sparkle 'n Sprinkle Art Deco sentiment stamped directly on to purple card using memento tuxedo black
  • Pro Markers to colour and Atyou Spica glitter pens to highlight
Here's a close up of the "faux" lace technique using two colours of glitter
And now, since it's What's On Your Work Desk Wednesday but there's nothing on my desk I thought I would show you the contents of my rather overstuffed "People and accessories" drawer of stamps - be afraid ..... be VERY afraid!!! If you think this drawer looks over full, you should see the critters drawer!


Hope you've all had a stonking Wednesday and managed to stay dry as it's been fairly wet today! And predicted to be brrrrrrrr cold this evening - so don't forget your fleecy P.J.'s!!!

12 comments:

My name is Wynneth said...

Gorgeous Lavender & Lace card Kathy, that is a great Art Deco image. I thought that maybe this week's theme would appeal to you !!!!! Brilliant entry :O) Thanks for joining us on I ♥ Promarkers this week.

Your soup sounds, well, just souper :O)
hugs
wynneth
x

scrappyjacky said...

Perfect for you,Kathy....lavender and lace!!

Brenda Brown said...

It certainly had to be done Kathy and what a great combination, just love your glittery effects.
You are very adventurous with your soups - I hate cooking, theres nothing creative in it for me.
Cold and wet here, really miserable.
Take care, luv and hugs {brenda} xoxox

Tine said...

Hi Kathy. Yep, guess that this week's theme is just up your street! LOL. Lovely card. Thanks for joining us at I ♥ Promarkers.
Tine :)

Kathleen said...

Hi Kathy, fabulous... you've achieved a very rich elegant look to your card, thank you for joining us this week at I ♥ Promarkers.

Suzilou said...

I love the art deco ladies, got a couple of the Debbi Moore cd's, which I really don't use enough. Love the purple and all the sparkle :) And Wow that is one packed draw, just waiting for my camera to charge and I'll be joining in the WOYWW, there are already 143 names on there (Gulp!)will never get round all those desks!! hehe :)

Debs M x said...

gorgeous card Kathy x

katesacraftybugger said...

Gorgeous card Kathy , lovely image .thanks for joining us at I ♥ promarkers -Kate x

Lorraine said...

Super card, Kathy. I adore that image. Thanks for taking part at I ♥ Promarkers this week.

Karen said...

Oooooooh very nice Kathy and lovely sparkly lace, thanks for joining us at I ♥ ProMarkers.
xx

Katiejane said...

What a lovely image Kathy and how lucky were you to get the "Lavender" theme? Souper! ;)
I just can't believe how many stamps you have!!! And if this is just "People and Accessories" oh my.....

WeirdCat said...

Great card,that's a good technique, thank you for joining us at I♥Promarkers this week
Ruth x