Saturday, 15 January 2011

Welcome to Saturday - the weekend starts here!

I was given an award by the lovely Doreen at Especially for you

Here are the conditions for the award

You have been TAGGED & want to participate?
Create a post where you post the 'LOVE BLOG' image.
You should also blog the person link that gave you the award and inform her/him that you accept the award.
You can then choose 3 - 5 favourite blogs which you also link in your post, then each blogger will inform you that they have been tagged.
Dear bloggers:
The aim of this action is that we bring unknown, good blogs to light, so I would ask you not to blog fellow bloggers that already have 3,000 followers.

Here are the bloggers I would like to pass this award to:

Stamping Grandma
Joanne Wardle
ScrappyJacky

Check them out and prepare to be amazed . . . . unless you already follow them in which case you'll already know what cool blogs they are!

Last evening I was making cards and had a bit of a disaster. I had made the card you see here and loved the idea but wasn't happy with the colour - I wanted LIME!!! I had cleaned the stamp off with soapy water because the blue ink used hadn't all come off with my baby wipe. Now it was here that common sense SHOULD have prevailed and I SHOULD have left it till this morning but . . . well I was out the day they were handing out the common sense genes!! And I pressed good and hard to ensure even coverage of my lime green ink . .  and soap bubbles!! At this point I DID have to leave it till this morning for my potentially ruined card to dry - so I could assess the damage. This will be one of the numerous reasons that I seldom stamp directly on to my card blank - hmmmmf!

Materials used:
  • White card blank and matching envelope
  • Imagenations Thistle stamp
  • Sentiment stamp by TPC Studio
  • Brilliance Hyacinth ink and memento Tuxedo Black ink
  • Turquoise organza ribbon from Michaels

Anyway, on another subject entirely . . . . as some readers will already know, Saturday is sketchie day over on Craft Mad & Loving It and today is no exception - this week's sketch is set by ROSIE and she has added the twist of "MIRROR MIRROR" . . .  apparently because of pantomime season (OH NO it isn't!!!)


 Do check back later to see what I've made with the sketch (if anything) and to see whether my lime project was salvageable!

3 comments:

Craftyrose said...

Oh yes it is!!! love your thistle. Thistle make my eyes water with delight!! Ho Ho!

joanne wardle said...

thanks so much for the award. and the lovely things you said.

scrappyjacky said...

Thanks so much for this award,Kathy....I'm not ver good at getting awards onto my blog.....but I will try.