Monday, 10 January 2011

Welcome to the start of another week then folks ...

How's it working out for you so far? Blooming windy here in Bristol so you don't really notice the fact that it's so much warmer than of late. It's a positively balmy 9° here but very gusty - not umbrella weather (as we're rain forecast - oh joy!) unless you happen to be a certain Ms Mary Poppins!!!

Out this morning to meet my friend Andrea for coffee and a doughnut - Andrea had the jam for both of us as there wasn't a trace of it in mine!! I feel cheated! It was nice to catch up with her though as we've not seen each other since last year!!!! Actually about two weeks before Christmas!

I'm getting ahead of myself . . . . yesterday I had a lovely surprise as fellow crafter, Wynneth, was heading in our general direction returning her dad (also a crafter, Andy) home as he'd been with her and Tom for Christmas so imagine my delight when she rang and said "Put t'kettle on!". They didn't stay long but long enough for a quick play a lot of chat and a photo opportunity - skillfully edited (?!) to remove some excess Christmas "blobbiness"!!!! - don't we look cheery though?


Anyway, back to today . . . having returned home from gallivanting with friend Andrea and with lunch over I set about the Sunday themed challenge , set over on Craft Mad & Loving It by Karen - this week the theme is BLUES and BROWNS! Now these are not two colours that I would normally put together and I needed to think about this for a while, so imagine my surprise (again!) to discover mine was the first entry of the week! Hmmmm. Anyhoo, whilst I was out this morning the postman had delivered my order from Crafty Individuals and the fab college-y stamp I have used for the main image just cried out to be used on this vintage card. I stamped it in memento tuxedo black on to white card and then using my blending tool added Tea Dye and Vintage Photo distress inks and then Faded Jeans to watercolor the cyclists shirt. I cut a pearly brown piece of DCWV natural stack paper and then a slightly smaller textured blue card and then smaller again panel in a sort of light rust colour (which I'm already now wishing I had distressed the edges on, but hey . . .). I remembered a spool of ribbon I had with several colourways of ribbon on it and sure enough, brown with blue thread and blue with brown thread on it!! YAY - I went with the brown with blue thread. The collage stamp says "Go confidently in the direction of your dreams" down the left side and Crafty Individuals had very kindly sent me a freebie stamp which said "Dream a little dream" so this became the text on the insert and envelope and I used a clear stamped image of a bicycle (which I THINK is Hampton Art) to finish off with - hope you like it.

So, that's where I'm at today - have a great day peeps - don't get blown away if its windy where you are too and please DO leave me a comment as you pass through this way.


6 comments:

Debs M x said...

fab card Kathy, great luck with the ribbon x

Dora said...

Hi Kathy, that's a gorgeous photo of you and Wynneth. Yes you do look so cheery love it :)) Hugs xx

Brenda Brown said...

Sounds like it was a good day Kathy. Love the image on your new stamp and great card you created with it.
What a lovely surprise with Wynneth popping in and a good excuse for a cup of tea.
Take care.
luv and hugs {brenda} xoxox

jackid said...

Well you did well being first in Andy must be slipping but then he was prob still on his way home what a nice surprise though having Wynneth in the vacinity and popping in yeah ashame Andy wasn't with her but back to card and for colours you don't usually use you did rather well
Jacki xx

My name is Wynneth said...

It was a lot of fun yesterday wasn't it? So nice to see and Steve again.

Loving your blue and brown card and how fortunate that your Crafty Individual order arrived in such a timely manner ;O) That really is a rather nice set of stamps you have there Mrs K. Pretty ribbon and loving the decorated envelope.
hugs
wynneth
x

Dawn said...

I love that pic! 2 very cheery ladies!!!
Great card too isn't it funny how things arrive just when you need them sometimes!!
Hugs
Dawn xxx