Thursday, 6 January 2011

Welcome to Thursday - how's it working out for you?

Morning all,

but only just - not entirely sure where the morning has gone but it's gone just the same. No post again for me today so no new stash to play with - boo hoo - not like I don't have plenty to be going on with.

Anyhoo - checked out a couple of blogs this morning and the card below sort of happened as a result. Joanne Wardle's blog featured a variation on the post it technique I so love and also featured a challenge called "One Layer Wednesday" - now, as it happens this weeks OLW challenge is YELLOW so my card's no good for that  but hey . . . now I know it's there!

I have, however, entered this card over on the ABC Christmas challenge where the current years challenges are A-Z and A is for "Anything for Christmas" and I hope you like it.

I used an Inkadinkado clear stamp for the image and the flourish is Paper Artsy. I also used distress inks in bundled sage and peeled paper for the post-it border, stamping my tree in memento tuxedo black before highlighting with platinum stickles (thanks to crafting pal, Wynneth, for introducing me to this wondrous stickle shade). You might spot my "mistake" but I'm hoping the ultimate recipient will forgive me as I like the card otherwise. Oh, and another bonus is that being only one layer, it will happily go through regular mail without attracting too much attention or requiring a LARGE (for large read rip off!) stamp!

We're forecast for snow later today so I might even have to head to Sainsbury's to top up supplies but, other than that, currently no plans for the remainder of the day so, who knows? I might just have a go at the YELLOW challenge!

Whatever you good people are doing then I hope you will have some fun doing it, catch y'all later.



7 comments:

Melly said...

Hey Kathy

Hope your well? Was santa good to you?? Hope you had a fab Christmas and New Year??
Love the card!! The image just pops off the one layer!! A great wee effect!
Hope you get your wee yellow Challenge done!
Hugs Melly xxx

scrappyjacky said...

A lovely card,Kathy....and I so agree about rip off postal charges for sending cards....most of mine had to go large letter rate this xmas [or should that be....last xmas??].

clare said...

great card and love that technique! good luck in the challenge. x

Cherry said...

What a fab card and lovin' the one layer look too Kathy. That is a fab stamp. Hugs Cherry XXX

joanne wardle said...

so gorgeous. Glad you like my card. this is brilliant.

Samantha said...

Lovely card! Thanks for joining us at ABC Christmas challenge! hope you continue to play throughout the year too! hugs Samantha :0)

Delphine said...

Beautiful card, I love the image and colours! Thanks for joining us at ABC Christmas Challenge and good luck! Delphine xx