Saturday, 5 February 2011

2nd post of the day - please scroll down to read earlier post

Hi there,

Here I am again, having done my sketch card several days ago so that Karen would have access to it to post this morning I feel a bit odd without having a card to make for a challenge so I've set about doing one for the simplicity blog. The challenge this week, for One Layer Wednesday, has been to make a card featuring only a border, an image and bling . . . tougher than it sounds as it is SUCH a very great temptation to add a sentiment. I did one last night before realising that the border had to be stamped (mine was punched) AND it had a sentiment so I didn't enter that one!!! Here's the mark II version . . .


Materials used:
  • White card blank and matching envelope
  • Penny Black tree stamp and snowflake border stamped in archival jet black ink
  • Crystal stickles to highlight and add "bling"!
Still blowing a blooming gale and, if it weren't so blessed wet with it, the washing would dry almost instantly out on the line - as it is the tumble dryer's in use ....... again!! Have a great Saturday

9 comments:

Sharon said...

This is beautiful! Can imagine how it will sparkle in those Christmas lights. The black white are so elegant too.
Thanks for your kind words on my blog. So glad you left them as it gave me a chance to find this beautiful card of yours.
Sharon xx

Lauren Hatwell said...

Sooooo beautiful! It doesn't need more does it. Love those trees. Lx

Cherry said...

Kathy this is super festive and simple. Really liking these cards of yours with the CAS vibe. Hope you and Steve are still holding on in all the wind. Hugs Cherry XXX

Debgem said...

This is lovely - so nice to see Christmas cards! I had a very similar thought :)

Thanks so much for your comment on my OLW cards - much appreciated.

Brenda Brown said...

Very striking Kathy.
Have a lovely Sunday.
Take care.
luv and hugs {brenda} xoxox

Dora said...

This is lovely Kathy, yes what a tough challenge this seems but you made a fantastic card, love it. Hope the weather will be nicer tomorrow. Hugs xxx

Susan said...

Kathy this is ao pretty. Love the sparkly!!

Katiejane said...

What a great card, I love all of that white space! Those tree stamps are super cute too :)
Katie

My name is Wynneth said...

Totally gorgeous Kathy - loving the black and white combo for a christmas card and those trees...... what can I say but Awesome :O)
hugs
wynneth
x