Monday, 21 February 2011

2nd post of the day - please scroll down to read earlier post

Hi there,

Over on Bah Humbug the current challenge is to make a Christmas card using a CD. Apparently, it can be a card or a CD/DVD gift box. I went with a card because I just so happened to have a number of CD's as hubby and I went through the myriad of DVD/CD's acquired in daily or weekly papers that we kept because we thought we might watch/listen to them - and yet never have! So, before they hit the bin I hoiked one back out and gave it the Christmas card challenge treatment!

Materials used:
  • 300gsm scalloped square card and envelope.
  • One CD
  • Circle of white card with deckle edge
  • LOTV image stamped in memento tuxedo black ink and coloured using pro markers.
  • Highlighted with a quickie glue pen and Glamour Dust
  • Hero Arts Scroll background stamped in Brilliance pearlescent ivy
  • Narrow red satin ribbon
This was my own set themed challenge for week commencing Sunday Feb 20th 2011 and I went with SNOWDROPS, although if taken laterally this could also have meant a Christmas card!!! I have had this image for EVER and don't recall having EVER used it either . . .  until today and now it has been used three times (card, insert and envelope). It is intended as a thank you card for the lovely people at the Maple Lodge where we stayed this past weekend for our Craftathon 2011 and had such a fabulous time - only sorry we left a haze of glitter in our wake - thank you so much Phillip and Sandra - you may never know JUST how much we appreciated your generosity. I shall also be entering it in to the SPRING challenge over on Simply Less Is More


Materials used:
  • Tall thin white card, used landscape, and matching envelope
  • Docrafts sentiment and Creative Stamping image stamped in Ranger archival jet black
  • Imagination mica paints in turquoise and green and Twinkling H2O in Icicle to colour

 Hope you've enjoyed your Monday - night then, catch you tomorrow

20 comments:

Brenda Brown said...

Great way to use a CD, the whole card looks very festive. The snowdrops are beautiful and the composition just perfect.
I had craft withdrawal so just had to make a DT project today but I spend so much time thinking about everything. Oh well I got my fix.
luv and hugs {brenda} xoxox

Debs M x said...

great card/cd, loving it! fab snow drops too, such a lovely idea x

Lauren Hatwell said...

Great way to use those free CD's Kathy. I always feel I should do SOMETHING with them but can never think of what.

LOVE your snowdrop card. Perfect! Just Perfect!. Lx

Cherry said...

Lovely idea and execution on both Kathy. The snowdrops are just perfect and such a great way to say thanks. Hugs Cherry xxxx

Kobie's Crafty Corner said...

Lovely Card Kathy! I think all the white space is starting to grow on me!

Hugs Kobie

Chrissie said...

Love the snowdrops Kathy, I have some peeping at me though my kitchen window!
Great card!
DO join us once more next week with another fabby creation!
Chrissie
"Less is More"

Gibmiss said...

Hi Kathy
love the snowdrop......Fab
hugs
sylvie
xxxx

Stamps and Paper said...

Love the simplicty of your snowdrop card...really lovely.

Anne

Suze Bain said...

Beautiful snowdrops - love the added sparkle.

Aileen said...

Love the snowdrops with the little sparkle. x

Mandi said...

Super card Kathy, I do love tall slim, or in your case, horizontal cards!
Super placement
Thanks for submitting your entry
Much appreciated
mandi
"Less is More"

Rita said...

A great card with the CD , its lovely. Hugs Rita xxx

butlersabroad said...

Very pretty little snowdrop and I love the cd card too. I've got an old cd sitting on my craft table for that challenge but I don't know what to do with it!!

Hugs
Brenda

Ann said...

Great cards Kathy - love the image you chose for the CD card.
Ann xxx
Bah! Humbug! DT

Susan said...

Kathy, I'm really loving that size card..and the snowdrops you added look fabulous!

Jo said...

Love your snowdrops card, the added sparkle is really effective.

Faith A said...

What a fabulous card I love the real simplicity of this

Pauline said...

Lovely cards, love the simple snowdrop image.

Gina said...

Love the LOTV image - makes a very sweet Christmas card.
Gina x

Max said...

LOL ... I love that word "HOIKED" LOL!
I know you're not alone with a stash of old or free CD's sitting waiting to be put to good use - what a waste it would've been to throw them away when you can use them to such great effect as you have here. Thank you for sharing with us at Bah! Humbug!

Luv'n'Stuff
Max
xx
Max's Craft Creations
Bah! Humbug! Challenges DT