Saturday, 26 February 2011

2nd post of the day - please scroll down to read earlier post

Me again,

Ever had a card that ticks all the boxes for a challenge and yet you don't like it? Sadly, I'm having a day like that today. This mornings sketch said "All that glisters, glistens, shimmers, sparkles, twinkles, shines..." and my card does all of that and yet, for me, it simply does not "shine" - hmm - perhaps one of my lovely readers can (in as gentle a way as possible) tell me where I went wrong!


Materials used
  • C6 morphing mauve card and white envelope
  • Scalloped oval die cut of double sided sheet adhesive with silver gilding flakes applied once the image was adhered.
  • Sparkle 'n Sprinkle image inked in memento grape jelly stamped on to white card and cut out.
  • Hero Arts sentiment stamped as above
  • Purple sequin waster
  • Silver Card candy adhered with dimensional sticky pads
  • Purple satin flower and two lilac glitter chipboard flowers adhered with a glue gun
  • Two purple faux gemstones

Hope your Saturday is going better than my own appears to be - perhaps I'm still in the CAS zone and my Less is More challenge later may turn out much more satisfactory, here's hoping anyway.


6 comments:

Debs M x said...

lovely x

Lauren Hatwell said...

Kathy, there is NOTHING wrong. You're just enjoying a CAS phase at the moment and so I feel this card probably feels a little cluttered to you. You have met the brief, followed the sketch and your card is lovely but it feels wrong because Cherry wanted an OTT card when you are in a pared down and simple phase. Lx

Brenda Brown said...

Its a fab card Kathy, don't be so hard on yourself, but I know how you feel when it's not quite what you want.
Take care.
luv and hugs {brenda} xoxox

Allison said...

Beautiful card.

xxxtglxxx said...

I think this is gorgeous Kathy. I often make something and dislike it afterwards, often because its not how I had originally planned it. I have been known to put stuff straight in a box and then go back to it a few days later, and I wonder what I was fussed about.

I think Lauren could be right, you are enjoying a CAS phase and are stimulated by that just now, but this is very elegant with a stunning image and great embellies.

If I was to offer some constructive advice, (and only cos you asked) I would have probably have made the sequin waster full length or left it off completely and used an embossed panel in a pearl cardstock or something for relief.

But this is spot on for the challenge, it really does what it says on the tin :)

Have a great day,

hugs

xxalisonxx

Cherry said...

I'm sorry to have caused you angst Kathy - I really think this card is fab and as the others have said it does what it says on the tin but I think the cAS style is calling louder at the mo. Thanks for doing the challenge and raising the questions as we all feel like this from time to time. Again - sorry! Hugs Cherry XXX