Sunday, 27 February 2011

2nd post of the day - please scroll down to read earlier post

Well, what a funny old day Sunday turned in to? Don't know about you but it started off like a beeeeoootiful day here in Bristol but, by 09:30 it was already clouding over and a hail storm predicted. We've not had the hail storm . . . .  yet, but we've had rain and a fair amount of it. We had thought about going out this afternoon but changed our minds - not so pleasant driving around in the rain, is it?

Decided to stay in and make some anniversary batch cards as I have several anniversaries pending. Now, rather than photograph several same old same old I have just selected one to show you what I've been up to - hope you like it (especially if you have an anniversary coming up!!!!). After a while though, you do find yourself getting a bit bored ........ so I thought I'd have a bit of a change and make an ATC.

Following our recent foray to craftathon 2011 and how everyone seemed taken with the simplicity of gilding flakes I thought I would use some more. Honestly, one little pot goes MILES and MILES!!!! I keep mine in a Chinese takeaway container but there sure is a static charge involved and a little gets all over the place. Once I've done this post then I'm off back down to my little craft area with the hand held vacuum . . . . to clear up!


Materials used:
  • Mauve C6 pearlised card and white envelope
  • Funstamps sentiment and Habico image stamped using Ranger Archival jet black ink
  • Crystal glamour dust applied after colouring areas with a quickie glue pen


Materials used:
  • ATC blank
  • Double sided sheet adhesive
  • Xyron adhesive applied to acetate
  • Gilding flakes
  • Francoise Read peel off coloured using a green pro marker
Forgot to mention that hubby and I nipped out for a curry last night! Our friends, Liz and Graeme met us as the restaurant. What were we celebrating? Well, my hubby's recent birthday (for one) but we were away for that so this was the first opportunity for a get together. Liz has also recently left full time employment to concentrate on her musical career and to study for her Grade VIII practical and Grade VI theory in order that she can begin teaching piano - something she's wanted to do for ages (and ages). We wish her much luck and success with this and I hope to be blogging about her fab scores in the near future. The curry was great, the portions huge and it was LOVELY to catch up with Liz and Graeme - so glad to hear that you are feeling so much better Graeme.

Hope you are enjoying your Sunday

7 comments:

Debs M x said...

love the cas anniversary card and that atc is yummy! x

clare said...

fab cards. xx

scrappyjacky said...

Love the anniversary card,Kathy....very elegant.

My name is Wynneth said...

Two fabby projects there young kathy. The Anniversary card is just so chic and elegant.
hugs
wynneth
x

Cherry said...

Just perfect anniversary cards Kathy - gilding flakes - yummy. ATC just golden and wonderful. Glad you had a fab curry, we did too - lol. Hugs Cherry XxX

Brenda Brown said...

Fab makes Kathy, I keep my gilding flakes the same as you, and perhaps that's why I don't use it very often, it flies everywhere.
We said the same as you near to lunch time - where did the rain come from, shame because it was a beautiful morning.
Take care.
luv and hugs {brenda} xoxox

Keep It Sweet and Simple said...

Gorgeous Anniversary card. Love the black and white image with that beautiful sparkle.
OOh.. now I am craving a curry - haven't been out for one for ages. Sounds like you had a good night.
Caroline xxx