Sunday, 13 February 2011

And more photos of our trip to London

Hello and welcome to my latest follower, Heatherrussellmax who joined over the weekend, I hope you will be sure and check back in again some time too.

Who doesn't think of summer when they see a row of brightly coloured beach huts? I've been contemplating this particular set of stamps from Crafty Individuals for ages and have even put it in my basket numerous times . . . but, on our recent foray to London my pal (Lauren) and myself found ourselves (quite by accident you know!) in the marvellous Blade Rubber near the British Museum and I FINALLY succumbed and they came home with me! Needless to say, I could hardly wait to cut round them and ink them up so made this little ATC - just to see how they look!!! I like them, and hope you do too - there are several more stamps in the set which didn't find their way on to the this ATC, maybe next time!!!


Materials used:
  • ATC blank
  • Crafty Individuals seaside collection of unmounted stamps, inked in Ranger archival ink -jet black
  • Pro Markers to colour
  • Shimmer chalks in blues (sky) and beige's (sand)
Of course, whilst I was away I ALSO missed Clare's Christmas card recipe challenge and she set the rather fiendish recipe to include the following:
  •  as white as a ghost
  • a touch of traditional Xmas colours
  • a present
  • a knot or a bow
 Materials used:
  • 6" square scalloped white card and matching envelope
  • 5" square white card edged with the Martha Stewart "Poinsettia" PATP
  • 4" square white card and just the M.S. PATP corner punch
  • Red organza ribbon
  • Anita's framed present, stamped in Ranger Archival jet black on to white card, cut out and coloured using Poppy Pro Marker
  • Penny Black Christmas sentiment stamped in Ranger archival jet black
  • Quickie glue pen and crystal glamour dust
  • Eight "faux" crystal gemstones

I've also found this super blog for CAS (clean and simple) cards, called Less is more (see it here ) and this week on One Layer Card the challenge is to feature a flower or tree. Well, I felt the urge to have a go as it was such a well supported challenge last week and with some super duper entries too.


Materials used:
  • Tall thin white card and matching envelope
  • Penny Black stamp flower inked in Memento grape jelly and Brilliance thyme
  • Penny Black sentiment inked in Ranger Archival jet black
  • Quickie glue pen and crystal glamour dust
 Of course, if you read my post yesterday then you know we've just come back from a few days in London . . so here are some more photos for you.

Whilst in Covent Garden we looked over the railings from the upper floor and spotted what seemed to be the World's almost largest paella dish - I'm sure it isn't truly but it looked huge to me!!

Did I mention that it rained almost continuously? Perhaps not! FORTUNATELY, my dear hubby had checked the forecast before we left home and it said that rain was forecast so we had waterproofs - sadly, these waterproofs were bought for a sub zero trip to New York so I spent much of my day feeling very warm indeed . . . . but otherwise dry!!!

And here we have the London Eye on the left and Big Ben to the right, as seen from just off the Strand

And, of course, the wonderfully iconic St Pauls, shame it was STILL raining!! We managed to find a number 23 bus for our return to our Paddington Hotel so got to see some of the sights - we'd been using the London underground a lot and were beginning to feel a bit like moles!

How's your Sunday shaping up peeps? Hope it's looking good so far - ENJOY!

13 comments:

Brenda Brown said...

Great post Kathy. Love the beach huts and like you I have been coveting them but haven't succumbed yet, but I am sure I will after seeing your fab ATC. Great CAS card and challenge card and love your pics of London.
Have a good day. Hope you have better weather than our wet and soggy Sunday.
luv and hugs {brenda} xoxox

Chrissie said...

It looks as though you had a great time in London despite the weather.
It us.... "Less is More" that has the challenge for a Flower or a tree...but it is a One Layer challenge so it's easy to get us muddled with OLW!
It's a lovely card whoever it's for! I love those irises!Do come back for our theme challenge next week, but you'll have to wait until Saturday to see what it is!
Chrissie
"Less is More"

scrappyjacky said...

I think we have an almost identical photo taken at Covent Garden.
Love the beach huts....did u know CI have just released some new stamps!!

Debs M x said...

lovely photo's and splendiferous makes!

Karen said...

This is gorgeous Kathy, I really love the less is more style.
xx

Susan said...

Love the touch of sparkle you've added....beautiful card!

Lynne said...

Super card, gorgeous flowers.
Lynne xxx

Aileen said...

Hi Kathy, love the glitter you've put on the flowers.

Suze Bain said...

Flowers are beautiful and I love the sparkle!

Dora said...

Hi Kathy, how nice to have been in London, pity about the rain. Really loved seeing your photos, what memories, been quite a long time since I've been there. And I love your new seaside huts stamps, it's lovely. Hugs xxx

Mandi said...

Beautiful card Kathy, those iris look real!

Thanks for participating in our second challenge, hope you will continue to do so its so appreciated
mandi
"Less is More"

Stamps and Paper said...

A very pretty card and I love the sparkle.

Anne

butlersabroad said...

Such a beautiful card Kathy, love those PB flower stamps. I know what I'd buy if I won the lottery, one of each!! Thanks for popping in.

Hugs
Brenda