Saturday, 19 February 2011

Happy Sketchie Day!

Hi everyone,

I have scheduled this post as I am away at Craftathon 2011 in Accrington and shall be attending a Dark Room Door Workshop at 13:00 at Dawn Bibby's shop - I'm looking forward to this and hope we shall all enjoy it. Fellow Craftathoniers are: Cherry, Debs, Jacqueline, Karen, Wynneth and myself and we've been looking forward to this for weeks.

Of course, my regular readers will know that Saturday's are Sketchie Days over on Craftbubbles' Craft Mad & Loving It group and today is no exception. I am currently a very temporary member of the Design Team and believe this may be my last week as such as the lovely Lauren is (frankly) itching to get back to her seat as the regular DT member currently AWOL! It is, however, my turn to present the sketch this week and I've decided to take some of my fellow crafters out of their comfort zone . . . . with this

I've added the following instructions too . . . . Use a DL card (210mm x 100mm - in case card sizes are different, I know the U.S. have different paper sizes) AND I want to see WHITE SPACE on the card - come on, don't be frightened!!!!

So, here is my take on the challenge 


Materials used:
  • White DL card (used landscape) and matching envelope
  • WONDROUS lilac organza from the mighty Michael's
  • Lilac faux gemstones
  • Penny Black image stamped in memento tuxedo black on to white circle
  • Distress inks in Spun Sugar, Victorian Velvet and Dusty Concord (to fix the white circle!)
  • Paper Artsy image stamped in Grape Jelly on to white card and the leftover ink on blending tool used to colour the card
  • Fiskars corner rounder
  • Fancy round nestie used on black card

 Hope you like it!



1 comment:

Dora said...

Hi this is lovely Kathy, of course.. purple :) And it looks lovely. Hope you had a great day at the Crathathon. Hugs xxx