Thursday, 24 February 2011

Hi there and welcome to a slightly soggy Thursday!

Hi there,

Late posting from me today but we had to set an alarm today - for the second day on the trot and boy it was hard to get up too.

We were at the theatre last evening, we had two tickets to see the touring production of Joseph and the Amazing Technicolour Dreamcoat at the Bristol Hippodrome. We had watched the BBC selection process to find a Joseph and had been rooting for the eventual runner up, Keith Jacks, all the way through. Well, how lucky were we then to find Keith appearing as Joseph last night!! It was a great show and we enjoyed ourselves despite things conspiring against us!! The traffic was so dire on the M32 that we turned off early and fought our way through St. Pauls THEN the road we needed to turn down to get to our preferred car park was closed and FINALLY (this was so funny to watch!) as we walked away from the car . . . . the sole came off of hubby's shoe almost to the toe!! OOOOPS. We still managed to find our seats just minutes before the show started and enjoyed the evening. FYI peeps, those shoes are now in the bin!

This morning we had to get up and head off up the M5 to Gloucester in order to meet with our management agents and this meeting went well although it did take 2½ hours and we almost missed lunch! Still, done now. Back home via Sainsbury's - deep joy, how I love grocery shopping!

So, it was four pm before I had the opportunity to start getting creative. Now, I belong to a sort of Design Team for Christmas recipes - over on Craft Mad & Loving It. Every two weeks one of the three of us sets a recipe for a Christmas card. This week it was my turn to set the recipe and I had chosen: Snowman's chocolate dream! with my ingredients listed as below:

INGREDIENTS:
•One snowman,
•Stir in a cup of hot chocolate
•Throw in some marshmallow colours
•Decorate with a snowflake or two
•And sprinkle the obligatory glitter!!!

Fancy having a go? Then do head on over and have a go here

Of course, due to my late start I don't actually have my Snowman's chocolate dream finished - I am, as I type this, waiting on paint drying! So do check back later in order to see what I came up with.

In the meantime, I'm hoping that you are all enjoying your Thursdays.


4 comments:

My name is Wynneth said...

Sooo... pleased to hear that you enjoyed your theatre trip, despite the sole probs !! At least your meeting is now over and done with and I'm sure Mr Sainsbury will be suitably grateful for your contribution to his pension fund :O)

Will keep the christmas card recipe til I get back as I just won't have time to create anything before the weekend.
hugs
wynneth
x

Debs M x said...

glad you enjoyed your show and can't wait to see whats drying..i think i might have a snowman from a swap...i don't actually have one..how did that happen????

Lauren Hatwell said...

Glad to hear you enjoyed your evening out Kathy. Sorry to hear about the sad demise of Steve's shoes. Good job you'll be off to Florida soon to replace them. I hope they had a good innings. Lx

Doodles said...

Glad you had a good time and enjoyed the show x Sorry i haven't been popping in much i honestly don't know how the days and weeks go so fast been busy with things recently but hoping now to relax and have more me time. x Have a lovely Friday hugs Sharon x