Tuesday, 8 February 2011

Hi there fellow bloggers

Hi everyone,

Well, how industrious was I yesterday? Managed a boat load of ironing, yet more laundry (where DOES it all come from? SURELY two people cannot generate that much laundry!) AND I cleaned the windows - inside. My lovely window cleaner, Joe, came yesterday and put the sparkle back on the outside which showed up just how much the inside needed treating likewise and that was it - I was SHAMED!!! Still, he had the most splendid news - his youngest daughter is getting married in July, to a professional rugby player (we're told) and then . . . . he invited us to join the celebrations! How lovely? So we shall, along with our housesitting neighbour Debbie, be joining the celebrations - now all we have to do is find out where the reception is being held!!

Woke up this morning  ......... to FOG! Not quite what we expect in February, really freaky weather we're having recently and I don't just mean in the U.K., there's the 2000 mile wide snow storm in the U.S. and Australia's had floods, cyclones, more floods and now bush fires.

Back on the crafting topic however, I wanted to do a card for the NATURE theme this week over on Craft Mad & Loving It. I simply cannot get enough of the CAS cards right now . . .



Materials used:
  • Tall thin white card and matching envelope
  • Inkadinkado image and Annette Watkins sentiment stamped directly on to the base card using Archival jet black ink
  • Crystal gemstones to finish
Now, which of my dear readers checked out the less is more blog yesterday and hopped around looking at some of the white, black and pink entries? Some FABULOUS entries there, aren't there? Reckon I might be having a go at those challenges again whilst the CAS bug is still with me . . . will it ever go now that I have found it???

Have a great Tuesday - need to pass birthday greetings on to a few people. Surrogate daughter Becky is enduring her 34th birthday (but don't tell her I told you!), Sally - my super neighbour in Florida will be celebrating her birthday too (but trust me, she WOULD kill me if I told you her age!), Kylie in Hoppers Crossing (Oz) is also celebrating today as is Maggi Dennis - one of my trading card buddies. Busy day on the card front so I'm hoping they all arrived in time. I KNOW Kylie's and Sally's arrived - it's the U.K. one's that worry me!!!

11 comments:

Lauren Hatwell said...

Happy Tuesday Kathy. Another stunning card. That tree is just fabulous and deserves to be the focus of a card. I must confess to having tarried for a V E R Y long time on the Less is More bloggy gazing lovingly at all the creations. Lx

jackid said...

Hi Kathy it's quite warm here today and sunny no fog this end this morning and quite a bit of crafting to geyt done too love the card though I do love these C&S cards
Jacki xx

joanne wardle said...

you really have been bitten by the CAS bug, haven't you. this is gorgeous. It's not as easy as it looks though is it. I had to chuck three cards this morning because of smudges, grrrr!

Brenda Brown said...

Woo another fabulous CAS creation and it's stunning Kathy, just love it.
We've had a real spring like day here today, clear blue skies and sunshine, but they say it's not gonna last.
luv and hugs {brenda} xoxox

Heather T said...

I love this elegant card with its white space and beautiful image and script.

Liz, said...

Hiya, this is gorgeous, love the elegant simplicity.

Liz x

Cynthia Schelzig said...

What a gorgeous piece and the one below this too.
thanks for coming by my blog....my Le chat noir is Inkadinkadooooo:)

Gail said...

WOW ,I've had a good look at your lovely creations and you have so many different techniques and styles.Very versatile .Love the steampunk stuff ,haven't worked out what that is exactly but in 6 months time I will be there -when the rest of the crafting world has moved on to the next new idea.

Fleur said...

Kathy, this is very elegant. Love the image
Hugz Fleur xXx

Keep It Sweet and Simple said...

This is really stunning and I love the size and the landscape style. Very elegant.
Caroline xxx

Loli said...

Hello Kathy, thank you for your comment in my blog, i'm so happy.Your cards are so beautiful, i love this tree and the swirls "less is more".
A hug From Palma de Mallorca Spain.
Sorry for my english, i'm learning alone and don't is easy.