Sunday, 27 February 2011

Morning and welcome to Sunday morning

The sun is shining here in Bristol so all is right in my world. Hubby WILL be going flying and this WILL leave me free to craft. Who knows? I MIGHT even get to play with my TSV. So far time has been against me and all I have been able to use has been one of the clear Sir Tim stamps and a little alcohol ink .... see below, not my finest effort but I AM well out of practice as it's been a while since they came out.


Materials used:
  • Silver C5 card and white envelope
  • White panel of glossy paper (should have used card but couldn't find any and I only had ten minutes to play!)
  • Tim Holtz blending tool with felt pad
  • Alcohol inks: yellow, gold, peri peri, plum
  • Blending solution
  • Embossing folder (acquired at Dawn Bibbys shop but I can't remember the make and we all threw the packaging away so we had room for all our purchases!!!)
  • Memento ink in grape jelly
  • Docrafts sentiment inked in Ranger Archival jet black
On another subject, I want to thank everyone who offered constructive criticism and helpful suggestions regarding my sketchie yesterday - it IS kind of growing on me so I guess everyone who said it was fine and I was still in the CAS zone was spot on ........... so thank you very much for taking the time to comment.

Anyhoo, the Sunday themed challenge has been posted by Cherry this morning and is "INDULGENCE and OPULENCE"!!! Hmmmm - someones already mentioned chocolate! After the problems I experienced with yesterdays card I thought I would stick with something I knew I previously liked which was collage stamping . . . hubby and I have both "retired" well early in order to INDULGE one of our favourite pastimes which is TRAVEL! so this was the theme for my card. I recently received a package from Crafty Individuals which included the "Postcard" stamp and Sir Tim's TSV stamps had the "Enjoy the journey", the "ticket" and the "Frank" stamps in so it seemed like a great idea (at the time) to go with a postcard outlining our indulgence - hope you like it. It's waaaaaay different from the CAS cards I've been "INDULGING" in lately too!!!


Materials used:
  • Cream C6 card and matching envelope
  • Panel of black card
  • Panel of white card distressed using: Wild Honey, Frayed Burlap, Rusty Hing, Vintage Photo
  • TPC Studios, Hero Arts, Crafty Individuals, Tim Holtz and Art Impressions stamps inked in Ranger Archival jet black
Hope you are all having a fab Sunday - it started out gloriously sunny so hubby's gone off flying but now it's soooooo black I'm sure he'll be home early!!!


6 comments:

Alexeya said...

Wow Kathy, that's a fab travel themed card. I love the vintage feel. x

jackid said...

Kathy these are beautiful I love the colour in the top card very pretty have a great day crafting that's my plan too
Jacki xx

Lauren Hatwell said...

What a great card! I love it! Must start rifling through my stash for opulence....hmmmm....

Have a virus on my computer today - oh joy! - so am having to leave well alone for the most part. Hmph!

Have a great Sunday.

Lx

Debs M x said...

2 fabulous creations Kathy x

Cherry said...

That tree looks as stunning as I thought it would Kathy. Can't wait to play with the TSV too. Love your collage card - just stunning work. Sorry to be challenging the CAS muse -lol. But I think you have this one down to a tee. Hugs Cherry XXx

Brenda Brown said...

Love your postcard Kathy, right up my street and this is fabulous. Great distressing and perfect stamps.
luv and hugs {brenda} xoxox