Monday, 28 February 2011

Morning readers and welcome to the start of another week

Morning,

Welcoming new follower, Sam, I hope you will return again and find something to amuse and/or entertain you.

Last evening Clare posted the March scrap layout challenge on Scrap Addicts giving a title for the challenge of JUST B'COZ and giving a list of things beginning with B to choose from in order to construct our layout, and left us free to crack on with any design we choose. Clare's posted early because she will be at work on March 1st . . . well, never one to resist a challenge AND because (or should that be B'COZ) I have all the fab photos from last weeks craftathon to scrap AND because my hubby was out last night I decided to crack on and do my layout. I inserted a whole bunch of photos in to a word document and played about with their size and borders / effects till I was happy, before printing on to gloss photo paper (what DID we do before we went digital?), did some journalling in "word" too and then set about my layout - I also hand wrote some journalling once everything was stuck in place and added bling and brads to comply with the challenge brief and below you see the results . . . . and it's not even March till Tuesday!!! Where's the year going? It does rather seem to be galloping away at a fair old pace . . . soon be Christmas at this rate!


Materials used:
  • DCWV BEIGE crackle paper from a stack
  • BLACK card for borders
  • White printer paper for journalling
  • Three black sugared BRADS
  • Five faux crystals (BLING)
Happy Monday everyone!!! It's a chilly grey one here but at least the wind has died down and it's not raining - so that'll do me. I'm waiting in for a parcel at the moment, not with exciting contents sadly (like my TSV) but a door seal and grill pan for the cooker!!! but maybe something nice will drop in too - like my new issue of Craft Stamper perhaps.

8 comments:

Kobie's Crafty Corner said...

This is a lovely Layout Kathy. Thank You for the tips on word, as I don't really use word much, but might try it out and see!

Hugs Kobie

scrappyjacky said...

That's a bit quick off the mark,Kathy!!!Like the way you've angled the journaling.

Lauren Hatwell said...

Crikey! Cracking Crafting there Kathy. You are SO speedy. Great page with lots to look at. Lx

Fleur said...

A fab layout Kathy, love the sketch
Hugz Fleur xXx

Brenda Brown said...

Great page KAthy, love the shaped photos and the mix of printed and habd written journalling.
My Vagabond arrived tonight (after 9.00 pm would you believe!!) and I am at work tomorrow so it will have to wait before I can have a play.
Take care and have a good week.
luv and hugs {brenda} xoxox

xxxtglxxx said...

This looks brilliant Kathy.

Very interesting page and so much easier to do when its still fresh in your mind.

have a great week,

hugs

xxalisonxx

jackid said...

Hi Kathy thanks for comments on post heads fine just a large scratch really now the redness has gone down lol what am I like love your scrap page the layout is fab I don't know where where we'd be with digital and I don't know how I got on with my computer lol anyway as for christmas sshhhhh not yet lol
Jacki xx

clare said...

you were so quick off the mark kathy and fab it is too. x