Monday, 7 February 2011

Hello and welcome to Monday!

Morning and welcome to Monday in blogland,

Last evening saw us heading to Gloucester for dinner with friends. Now it's only 35 miles but, with the high winds, it took a little longer than anticipated. It was my turn to drive and it was a bit of a battle with the wind to keep the car on the straight and narrow! Our friends were both well and they served up a yummy dinner which we enjoyed, as usual, and a very pleasant couple of hours was had by all, with us eventually arriving home around midnight.

No surprise that we slept late this morning - as we're normally in bed before then! At least having not touched a drop last night (aside from the modest amount in the dessert!) I was unaffected by a sore head . . . . hubby wasn't quite so lucky!!!

And on the topic from yesterday of the psychic manatees . . . which one was right? Well it was Buffet (who has more correct predictions on his/her side) and the Green Bay Packers won by 31 to 25!

Anyway, on to craftier things . . . . .

Over at Simply Less is more they have launched a new challenge and this week it is ....... white, black and pink. Obviously, your entry has to be a clean and simple design, which I am currently LOVING. Nipped over there to have a look at the competition and almost decided not to enter!! There are some beautiful cards, I looked at a number of blogs - all with FANTABULOUS entries but I was particularly taken with an entry from Sarita, do check out her blog here, it's a lovely CAS design drawn freehand using Prismacolour pencils. Mind you - take a look at them all - it'll take a while but it will be worth it! I can't be sure mine will look as stunning as everyone elses but . . . .


Materials used:
  • Tall thin white card and matching envelope
  • Inkadinkado dot flourish and Do Crafts sentiment inked in Archival Jet Black ink
  • Pink "faux" gemstones

 Hope you are all enjoying your Monday's

28 comments:

Judie aka Craftymess said...

its gorjuss hun, well done on creating a cas, i would run a mile lol

hugs
judie xx

Brenda Brown said...

Beautiful Kathy, my mind doesn't work like that, but I so admire the people who can do them.
Great job, you certainly deserve a prize for it.
Have a good week.
luv and hugs {brenda} xoxox

Lauren Hatwell said...

It is, indeed, gorjuss. Well done Kathy. Simply stunning. You can be justly proud. Lx

Emma said...

Gorgeous, simple and elegant...perfect for the challenge!!
Keeping my fingers crossed for you and hope you're ok! Thanks for your comment on my blog...
Hugs, Emma xxx

joanne wardle said...

beautiful! simply elegant

Mandi said...

Your card is fabulous
The addition of the pearls on the swirl is beautiful and very stylish!
Yes, Sarita is super talented, but, you are too!

Thanks for joining us at "Less is More" hope to see you again next week
mandi x

Suze Bain said...

A lovely card, I particularly love the 'fuschia bling'! Thanks for commenting on my entry. xx

scrappyjacky said...

Gorgeous,Kathy....simple,but elegant.

~ Ali Watson ~ said...

Perfect CAS card Kathy. Thank for visiting my blog and leaving me a lovely comment.

Ali x

♥ Marlou ♥ said...

this is so beautiful!! love the flourish :)

Fiona said...

Thanks for visiting me also and for your kind words. Your card is beautiful, love that flourish stamp and so nice to see a DL card for a change.

Chrissie said...

Great card Kathy, I love the flourish! Yummy... great clean and simple card!
Thank you so much for joining us in our very first challenge at "Less is More" and I really hope you'll be a frequent contributor!
Chrissie

laney said...

Fabulous Kathy!! so stylish
hugs
laney

Jose said...

mmm.... I like that, very neat

Debgem said...

Kathy - this is simply stunning!! I don't know why you weren't sure about posting a card - you have CAS nailed!! I love this swirl and the pink gems look fab!

themessycraftroom said...

Lovely card, thanks for visiting my blog. Hugs x ChrisB

Lynne said...

Your card is fabulous. I love the pearls on the swirls ( ooh I`m a poet). Thank you for your lovely comment on my blog.
Lynne xxx

Debs M x said...

ooh Kathy it is is stunning.. i keep promising that i will have a go at one of these x

Cherry said...

Lovely Kathy - really effective and great swirls. Glad you had a good eve and safely got home. Hugs Cherry zxXX

Caroline Hallett said...

thats a lovely flourish stamp

Allison said...

Beautiful card. :)

My name is Wynneth said...

This is one of the most beautiful cards I've seen in a long time Kathy - a veritable triumph of simplicity and elegance.
hugs
wynneth
x

Paula Gale said...

This is a lovely card Kathy - and worthy of its place with the rest in the challenge...

Paula x xx

Susie Sugar said...

Kathy this is so elegant, it's lovely I really love the clean fresh look your card has
Hugs Susie xx

Maureen [docrafts] said...

Gorgeous card and good luck in the challenge. Thank you for visiting my blog and leaving a comment.
Maureen..........x

Angelnorth said...

Love the use of the gems on the swirl - great CAS design!

Aileen said...

The gems just set the card off. It;s wow! Thanks for visiting me too and your kind comments.

Donelda said...

wow, what a great take on this challenge ... love all those swirls and bling !!