Saturday, 12 February 2011

Sorry about my recent brief posts . . .

been AWOL you know and scheduled them in my absence. It was hubby's birthday yesterday and we travelled to London for a few days and took in a couple of shows as well as meeting up with fellow crafter, Lauren, and her lovely hubby - Alan.

We arrived in the great metropolis on Wednesday afternoon, found our hotel and checked in - it's fortunate we didn't take a cat with us as there was nowhere to swing one in our hotel room!!! HOWEVER, we had booked convenient to Paddington station and it was soooooooooooooo much cheaper than being closer to the centre and our three night break cost about the same as one night right in the centre so it left us free to take in more sights and shopping!!! We had tickets to see Legally Blonde on night one - it was BRILL and we had great seats too (not up in the nosebleeds like our last theatre trip either!)

Legally Blonde at the Savoy Theatre
Before we went to the theatre we had time to visit covent garden and to get an early dinner at the Wellington pub and restaurant on the Strand. In Covent Garden we saw this kilted cutie!

Whilst I was in C.G. I fell for some of THE most GORGEOUS  bathrobes and went back for a second look . . . only to find out that they were £175!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! (EACH) so, they are still there and not in my little case...... of course, if I win the lottery! . . . I'll post a couple more photos tomorrow.

I'm sure you all know by now that Saturday's are Sketchie day over on Craft Mad & Loving It and today's has been set by Rosie, who's been so poorly (GET WELL SOON ROSIE) so here is her sketch and my card for it.




Hope you like the sketch, my card and the photos of our trip. It SHOULD be pointed out that it rained almost the entire time we were in London and explains why there are CONSIDERABLY less piccies than would otherwise have been taken. I didn't take any of Lauren and Alan and Lauren and I shopping as we were a bit like drowned rats!!!

Hope you are all enjoying a fantabulous Saturday . . . do check back a little later and see if I've been missing crafting .... MUCH!!! I did come home with a modest haul but controlled my more extravagant urges on the grounds that it IS CRAFTATHON 2011  next weekend (only SIX more sleeps!) where I shall be away on a crafting retreat with five fellow bubbling friends - there WILL be photos of that!!!

6 comments:

Heather said...

Welcome back Kathy.Glad you managed to enjoy yourselves,even if the weather wasn't too kind!See you on CB!Heather.x

Brenda Brown said...

Sounds like you had a fabulous time Kathy, I am so pleased. I love being in London, going to CG and shows too.
Lovely card you have produced here.
I have been out in the garden today and started the spring clear up. It's already looking better.
Hope you are having a good weekend.
luv and hugs {brenda} xoxox

jackid said...

so glad you had a good time and glad your back too it's been quiet without you lol speak to you soon
Jacki xx

Teresa Kline aka va.sunshine said...

thanks for sharing the fabulous photos...your card is soooo sweet, great coloring...have a wonderful weekend!

enjoy *~*

joanne wardle said...

that's a tricky sketch! but you rocked it!

Craftyrose said...

Lovely photos Kathy, and thanks for your very sweet comment on my poorliness! xxxxxxxxxx