Friday, 25 February 2011

TGIF and it's been a busy old day

Happy Friday people, hope you've all had a good day. Sorry that this post is a bit late (for me) but I've had a busy old day which started with me getting up and out to meet with a pal for coffee this morning. It was lovely to catch up with my friend, Sue over coffee. She sent me an e-mail earlier in the week asking if she could borrow a butterfly punch - IF I had one that was less than 25mm in size! WELL, those of you who have been to my house would know what the likelihood of my having a butterfly punch might be ....... so I took it with me! She's making place cards for her sisters wedding reception - hope it all goes off well for you, Wendy.

Home in time for lunch and a chat with  hubby. I also managed to crack open my QVC TSV - yes, I succumbed (along with thousands of others, no doubt!) to the smashing range of stamps, inks, foils etc and can hardly wait to play but . . .  it would just have to wait as I had also been invited to the home of my friend (and neighbour), Debbie, this afternoon for a cuppa and a natter and that accounted for this afternoon as I returned home at 5:00 - just in time to put my chicken casserole in the oven Again, those of you who know me will be putting that in their diaries and, worse than that, it's the SECOND time this year I've cooked!!!!! (I HATE to cook). Still no time to play with Sir Tim's lovely goodies.

AND over on Bah Humbug this week's challenge is to feature "Anything that flies" and I decided that I had the perfect new stamp . . .

Materials used:
  • Linen effect white DL card (used landscape) and envelope
  • Crafty Individuals stamp inked in Ranger Archival jet black on to white card and cut out
  • Panel or maroon card and panel of black card
  • Maroon glitter ribbon
  • Three faux crystal gemstones
  • Crystal stickles to highlight
No Friday funny from me as I've had zero time to rummage amongst my collection to find one - sorry - have a fab Friday evening and a smashing weekend.

11 comments:

Lauren Hatwell said...

I love that image Kathy. Great take on anything that flies. I wonder how many other people will think of Santa. Very striking colour scheme works perfectly with the CAS theme. Lx

Debs M x said...

great idea Kathy, fab card x

Jane said...

Love that image Kathy! I watched a bit of Tim on QVC but by the time I persuaded myself that I really did need it, it was sold out!!

xx

Jane said...

HeeHee...We are taking the girls to Inverness tomorrow to see Tangled...so maybe a wee bit of retail therapy might help...I am sure I can find myself some Timmy goodies!
x

Brenda Brown said...

Love the card Kathy, that's a fab image.
Yep I got the TSV too, have opened it but not played with anything yet, still trying to catch up on DT things - just trying to finish an ATC for the stamp man.
Will let you know what I get at Farnborough tomorrow, can't afford much after what I have spent lately - never mind it's only money.
Speak soon.
Enjoy your weekend.
luv and hugs {brenda} xoxox

Ann said...

oh Kathy you were right when you said you had the perfect stamp - turning green here that is just beautiful. Love it - totally stunning. I have a couple of Santa in his sleigh silhouettes but not a gem like this with houses on too.
A great card and a great take on our theme this week.
Ann xxx
Bah! Humbug! DT

the crafty duck said...

Hi Kathy, love that stamp, Santa really is flying high in his sleigh! Lots of love Steph

Dora said...

Fantastic card Kathy, what a pretty elegant stamp. Love it xxx

Valerie said...

Great card love that stamp!

Max said...

Awesome stamp Kathy - looks fabulous as a silhouette with the dramatic red and black matting. Thank you for sharing with us at Bah! Humbug!

Luv'n'Stuff
Max
xx
Max's Craft Creations
Bah! Humbug! Challenges DT
PS: I also treated myself to TSV but haven't managed to open the box yet lol!

Rita said...

Beautiful card. Hugs Rita xxx