Monday, 14 February 2011

Wotcher peeps, Monday again!!

How was your weekend?

Happy VALENTINES DAY - did you all get LOADS of cards? Hubby liked the card I made for him. Me? I got an e-mail!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! - you see - the age of romance isn't dead at all!!!

Ours was a bit weird because we had our weekend mid week and went to London so Saturday and Sunday felt a bit odd and much of it was spent doing laundry!! YIPPPPPPEEEEE - still, all caught up now and everythings clean so I can begin to plan what to pack for my girlies crafting weekend starting Friday!!

I also managed a little light crafting with a scrap layout for Scrap Addicts February challenge and also the Sunday themed challenge which, this week, was "Sweet Dreams" . . . sorry the sketch is a bit fuzzy but I saved the image and inserted it in to my blog - it came out REALLY tiny so I enlarged it and the edges got a bit fuzzy. Thanks to Wendymoon for setting the sketch challenge this month and you can check out the other layouts here





I hadn't really taken any photographs since Christmas so my January layout was well overdue, so I thought I should crack on with that whilst I had some photos. I have therefore turned our London trip in to a double page spread. The January challenge was a recipe and required that we use: 5 round things, 4 photographs, 3 colors, 2 word title and 1 tag  - so here's my very late January layout too ....... No idea what happened but the basic layer paper is exactly the same Brenda Pinnick paper and yet looks COMPLETELY different!!! The orange is the same too and you will no doubt spot I used the same Martha Stewart punch to try to make it look co-ordinated too.

And here is my "Sweet Dreams" card for Rosie's themed challenge . . .


Materials Used:
  • C5 stardream card and matching envelope
  • Blue textured card panel, rounded at the corners
  • High Hopes image stamped in permanent black ink and mailed to me by Lauren - thanks so much Lauren
  • Pro Markers to colour image and background, including lots of blender pen!
  • Double sided sheet adhesive and Gold Glamour Dust
  • Crafty Individuals sentiment stamped in Ranger archival jet black
  • Quickie glue pen and Gold Glamour Dust
Happy Monday people and I hope you are making the most of it! I know I am! - I'm planning my crafting weekend - mustn't forget to charge my camera battery!

5 comments:

Lauren Hatwell said...

You HAVE been busy Kathy. Loving those layouts and I DO LOVE that sleepy High Hopes Bear. He's so sweet. Lovely card. I bet you're counting sleeps until your girlie, crafty weekend. Can't wait to hear all about it. Lx

Brenda Brown said...

Love your layouts on the scrapbook pages, your MS punches get used well don't they and they create such lovely corners here. Great image on your card too.
I am thinking about packing to go to Birmingham to see friends for the weekend so that will be nice.
Hope you are having a good Valentine's Day.
luv and hugs {brenda} xoxox

Judie aka Craftymess said...

Great layout Kathy, love the moon card, gorjuss

hugs
Judie xx

xxxtglxxx said...

Glad you had a great trip - your scrapbook pages are lovely.

Lol at a midweek 'weekend'! :)

Cute card too - I just love anything with moons!

Had a great valentines day thanks, no excuses in our house for not sending cards! ;)

hugs

xxalisonxx

My name is Wynneth said...

Two fabby LO's and great to see your london piccies scrapped already.

Gorgeous Sweet Dreams card, that is an adorable image - I really don't understand how I haven't got any High Hopes stamps in my stash !!!

Not long til the weekend now -YeeeHaaaaa !!!
hugs
wynneth
x