Thursday, 3 February 2011

Yoo hoo and welcome to a lovely sunny (spring like) Thursday!

Morning all,

Yesterday saw me entering a Christmas card challenge over on the ABC of Christmas blog which set me to thinking about just how many cards I made for last Christmas. Their challenges are fortnightly, that's about 24 cards if I enter every challenge, then there's the Craft Mad & Loving It groups Christmas recipe which is also fortnightly but only just started so that's 22 if I do every one . . . not enough you know! Thought I'd better crack on with some extras! I am so loving the clean and simple card technique and think it looks pretty classy myself . . . . so all I added as an embellishment was a length of gold edged red ribbon and some glittery highlights and BINGO!!, with the added bonus of NOT NEEDING A LARGE STAMP on it either so less money shelled out to Royal Mail - sorry chaps but I think you are having a laugh as I'm STILL waiting for one Christmas card to make the distance to Bath - all of TWELVE MILES!


Materials used:
  • Craft UK white card blank and envelope (178mm x 125mm)
  • Gold edged red ribbon (from Michaels)
  • Image and sentiment by Penny Black
  • Brilliance Lightning black ink
  • Memento tuxedo black ink
  • Platinum stickles
Hope your Thursday pans out real well for you all, I've a hairdressing appointment early this afternoon and, frankly, can hardly wait - my fringe (or bangs, depending on which side of the Atlantic you happen to be) is driving me MENTAL and needs sorting big stylee!! Later peeps.

8 comments:

Fleur said...

Gorgeous card Kathy. Love the image & the sparkle.
Your comment about RM made me smile, once I sent something to Australia & the same day posted something to Nottingham. The Australian one took just over a week & the Nottingham one 4 weeks !!!
Have a great day Hugs Fleur
xXx

Lauren Hatwell said...

So pretty and you're right; it doesn't need any more and will save you pennies on postage. I do love the image and sentiment. Lx

Brenda Brown said...

Really elegant Kathy, the style works so well for you and as for getting all those cards made for Christmas - good on ya.
I've had my nails done today, you're hsving your hair done - girly day today then.
luv and hugs {brenda} xoxox
PS can't think what challenge win you meant????? - I haven't seen one lately. x

joanne wardle said...

there still won't be enough, you know. beautiful card. love that stamp

jackid said...

Hi Kathy thanks for comments but thought it wise after the event to take it off but no can't afford it and especially as I wasn't mine anyway COTN is crafts on the net its a forum that I run a challenge every month pop over if you like and have a nosey if you like love the card by the way sorry head still all over the place so will have a read when I settle down
Jacki xx

clare said...

kathy, glad to hear your visit to the hairdressers was successful. i have left you a little something on my blog. thanks. xx

Cherry said...

Love the CAS on this one Kathy. Just right. Hope the fringe is sorted and the outing was relaxing. Hugs Cherry XXx

My name is Wynneth said...

This is one very elegant and stylish card young Kathy :O) Well done for really cracking on with your christmas cards for this year.

Hope you are enjoying a lovely meal with your friends right now.

hugs
wynneth
x