Wednesday, 2 March 2011

2nd post of the day - please scroll down to read earlier post

Afternoon,

Second post of the day today so please scroll down if you haven't read my earlier post - you might like the ATC in it!!!

I decided that I needed to get on with some challenges today but once again the day has run away with me and it was 15:00 before I could sit down and carry out any crafting. If you've seen the state of my work desk you will also know that it took me a few minutes to clear up before I could even start . . . .  and then there was hubby wanting to visit Costco!! I went along . . .  just in case there was any nice craft stuff. Now Costco doesn't stock a lot of craft stuff but they have had some wondrous double sided 12" x 12" sheets of decent designs and quality papers all in a nice zippered wallet (more like a small suitcase since there are 360 of them tucked inside!!) and yes, they had those again today. Working out at less than 7p per sheet I was VERY tempted but, frankly, I still have many of my last purchase AND I bought a second set to give away at Christmas and put them somewhere so safe I forgot about them when Christmas came (tee hee!). Aside from that they had some nice totes filled with goodies for a novice crafter with all sorts of tempting treats but closer inspection revealed that I already had many of the goodies within and I passed on that too - Hmm - still, did come home with a case of Frexeinet so that's my weekend taken care of!!!!

I digress, the point of the above story was to explain how I didn't get around to crafting  until such a late hour - blimey the kids were out of school before I got cracking!!!

So, my pathetic sum total of crafting today, instead of five lovely challenge and commissions turns out to be ONE!! Still - I think it's a nice one and is for my entry to the challenge over on I Love Pro Markers which is to use purple and green and I think this fits . . .  and yes (of course) I used pro markers. I had seen a video where someone was demonstrating using the ivory pro marker instead of a blending pen and this was my attempt - still needs work but I'm getting there - I hope!


Materials used:
  • Morphing mauve C6 card and white envelope
  • Image was donated to me as part of a  swap and was coloured using pro markers and then cut out fairly closely.
  • Die Cut Olive green shimmer metallic scalloped oval from a DCWV stack.
  • Light purple vellum run through my die cutter inside the script embossing folder.
  • A Muse Artstamps sentiment inked in Ranger Archival jet black on to white card and the edges distressed using shabby shutters D.I.
  • Light purple card edged with a Fiskars fancy punch
  • Four purple faux gemstones

I do hope you like it and that your Wednesday is proceeding a little better than my own!!! Catch you tomorrow when I hope to have made more headway! Wish me luck


5 comments:

jackid said...

Hi Kathy love this card and it's nice to see you doing full cards again aswell as the C&S ones had a nice nap after returning from hospital so am raring to go craft wise thanks for your comments earlier I will let you know if I get some relief
Jacki xx

clare said...

you've been busy today. very cute card kathy and i like the way you have coloured it!

Karen said...

This is lovely Kathy, thanks for joining us at I ♥ ProMarkers.
xx

Lorraine said...

Smashing. It's a great get well card. Thanks for taking part at I ♥ Promarkers this week.

Julie said...

This is gorgeous Kathy. Thanks for joining us at I ♥ ProMarkers.
Julie x