Friday, 4 March 2011

2nd post of the day - please scroll down to read earlier post

Hi there,

Separate post for this challenge entry because I sometimes think they get lost in long posts or posts with lots of other photos . . .

This is for the challenge over on Bah Humbug where challenge #9 is to feature embossing. I did an embossed Christmas card for another blog challenge recently so wanted to make this card a little different . . . . check it out and leave me a comment to let me know if you like it. It kind of adheres to the Clean And Simple style as there's not too much in the way of embellishments and a fair amount of white space too.


Materials used:
  • Cryogen white C5 card and matching envelope
  • Red organza ribbon tied in a small knot
  • Panel of red card
  • Slightly smaller panel of silver DCWV shimmer metallics (edged in black)
  • Black panel of card
  • Brass stencil and silver embossing paste to which crystal glamour dust was applied whilst wet
  • Inkadinkado sentiment inked in Ranger Archival jet black on to base card
  • Four red faux gemstones to embellish

Hope you like it - wishing you all a Happy Friday

9 comments:

Brenda Brown said...

Like it Kathy, you are good at leaving white space at the moment.
Have a good weekend.
luv and hugs {brenda} xoxox

Fiona said...

That looks very elegant Kathy! I love the CAS style, and I really like the sentiment stamp - must see if I can find it somewhere......

the crafty duck said...

Hello Kathy this is lovely, your embossing is fab and I neaarly got my heat gun out!! I think clean and simple cards always look fab but I'm "a get as much as you can on the card girl" and struggle to minimalise, but you seem to have it nailed!! lots of love steph

Fleur said...

Hi Kathy, I'm desperatly trying to catch up with commenting, I love this Xmas card ~ very elegant
Hugz Fleur xXx

Ann said...

Love your image - very striking. I'm into embossing paste and stencils at the moment. Haven't got silver - may have to invest. A beautiful clean and simple card.
Ann xxx
Bah! Humbug! DT

Aquarius said...

Never tried embossing paste but I like what you've done with it here. I may have to invest in some. I'm getting to like the white space trend too.

Sandra said...

A lovely card.
Sandra

butlersabroad said...

Beautiful card Kathy, love the white space and the pop of colour. Embossing paste and stencils is something I've never had a go at before but the results are wonderful.

Hugs
Brenda

vinny said...

I like that colour scheme and it makes for a very elegant card x Lavinia