Monday, 7 March 2011

2nd post of the day - please scroll down to read earlier post

Hi there - I'm back again with one of my commission cards which also happens to fit the sketchie brief - presto, two birds (or is that dragons) with one stone! My pal, Lilian, asked me if I could make a card for a friend of hers which had to feature either dragons, steam trains or Sci-Fi!!! Now THAT was looking a bit of a toughie until I remembered that BlueBertie (Lauren) had very kindly stamped me some rather fantabulous dragon images last year and I still had one or two left - I scurried off to my stash of stamped images and hoped I hadn't only the sick dragon images which, by the way, are super cute. HUZZAH! I found the little chap you see below!, and was able to set to work.


Materials used:
  • C5 cryogen white base card and envelope
  • Sage green die cut circle (the paper was free with the March Issue of Creativity)
  • Minty green rounded corner panel (from stock)
  • Papermania sentiment inked in Brilliance Thyme on to an offcut of the minty green card
  • High hopes image coloured with Pro Markers and highlighted using a quickie glue pen and crystal glamour dust
  • Stripey paper from a selection of 360 double sided papers from Costco
  • Backing paper was part of a craft-y calendar which came free with Card Making and Papercraft
  • Faux green gemstones

Hope you like it - I had it made this morning but needed to wait until my "commissionee" approved it before I could completely finish it and photograph. How's your Monday shaping up, it's turned in to a lovely day here, so ENJOY it if you have the same!.


8 comments:

scrappyjacky said...

A lovely, fun card,Kathy.

Debs M said...

fab image, great card x

Lauren Hatwell said...

Yay! I just love those high hopes dragons. I was drooling over them myself yesterday for this week's shaped cards challenge. Top job Kathy. Lx

Brenda Brown said...

A fun card Kathy, cute dragon.
It was a beautiful blue sky day here too, long may it last,
luv and hugs {brenda} xoxox

Spyder said...

Love the dragon, and well done, (sorryI'm a bit late!!) on your subscribers thingy in CM&PC..!!

(I'm a slow reader!)
(Lyn)

Dora said...

What a fun dragon Kathy and a gorgeous card, love it xx

Kobie van Staden said...

Lovely Card Kathy! Lovely Backing Papers!

Katiejane said...

Well done Lauren! I like how you added gems to your die cut and those backing papers fit just lovely. Great card as always Kathy.
Katie :)