Wednesday, 9 March 2011

2nd post of the day - please scroll down to read earlier post

Well, THAT was way harder than I thought and I'm not hugely struck on the finished card but hey . . . . I'll show you all and see what you think! Over on the Simplicity blog the One Layer Wednesday challenge tells us to take inspiration from Martha's Pinterest boards . . .  so I nipped off to check it out and found this garishly coloured cupcake here which gave me the idea to use a little used stamp image stamp and also the co-ordinating cake sentiment . . . .



Materials used:
  • DL linen effect white card and envelope
  • Art Impressions image inked in Ranger Archival jet black and coloured using Marvy le plume brush pens and Copic Atyou Spica glitter pens
  • Cats Pajamas sentiment inked in Ranger Archival jet black
The cake is quite twinkly with the glitter pens as well as being garishly coloured and here's a bit of a closer view to see if the twinkle shows up better




Hope you'll leave me a comment .....

7 comments:

Shobana said...

OMG!! Such a brilliant card! :) Great stuff!

Susan Raihala said...

Isn't it amazing how garish colors can look absolutely yummy when surrounded by lots and lots of white? BRAVO!

Susan said...

What a fun birthday card! I love it! Cool stamp...and the coloring looks awesome. What kind of glitter pens do you have? I can't BELIEVE I don't have any! LOL!!

Bonnie said...

I love that stamp! That chef is wonderful and his cake looks yummy with it's glittery icing!

Dora said...

What a fun stamp Kathy, and I love the sentiment ... and how true he he :)

Lauren Hatwell said...

What a great stamp and what a yummy card. Three cheers for you. Lx

Monica K. said...

Very cute! Love the coloring with the spica pens.