Sunday, 13 March 2011

2nd post of the day - please scroll down to read earlier post

Hi there,

Well, the MUCH NEEDED nap hasn't happened - still busy catching up on laundry and making cards in between! Still, an early night will be all the more welcome!

I decided to have a second go both the sketchie and Sunday themed challenge today and the STC came first. The theme this week is literary "BOOKS", having chosen "To Kill a Mocking Bird" in honour of the rampant rooks/crows/ravens (whatever they were) I mooched through my plentiful supply of stamped images, looking for inspiration before spying this one.



Materials used:
  • Cream linen DL card and envelope
  • Book stack image and winged girl image both donated and coloured using pro markers and Copic Atyou Spica glitter pens
  • White card coloured using distress inks in Spun Sugar and Victorian Velvet
  • Dimension Fourth leaf image inked in Victorian Velvet
  • Organza ribbon
  • Offcut of one of the double sided sheets from the Mighty special by COSTCO!
  • Papermania sentiment inked in Ranger Archival jet black on to white card and then  excess distress inks applied before matting on coredinations offcut
  • Three faux crystal gemstones
And then it was on to the sketchie where the added twist was "mini beasts". On my first entry I used owls because they're fairly little but this time I went with ladybugs which seems to be a common theme for this challenge but the post, ladybugs and little boy image were once again donated so a huge thank you to the donate-ees!



Materials used:
  • Lilac C6 card and envelope
  • Narrow purple satin ribbon
  • Two purple star shaped brads
  • Panel of white card coloured using distress ink in Dusty Concord
  • Penny Black Fantasy Tree inked in Dusty Concord
  • Images coloured using Pro Markers
  • Three pieces of red card candy adhered and then "ladybug spots" drawn on using a marker pen!
Hope you like them both and do please feel free to leave me some comments as I do so love to read them.


8 comments:

Alexeya said...

A perfect pair of cards Kathy. I particularly like the tree stamped background in the second one. You asked the other day who my 'warm wishes' stamp was by but I can't tell you - only because I got it in a CMLI swap so don't know....not that I'd have to bump you off afterwards! Nx

Lauren Hatwell said...

Oooh, LOVELY! Love those H&StA images. So beautifully coloured and PERFICK for this week's CMLI challenges to boot. Lx

Fleur said...

Hi Kathy 2 very gorgeous cards, I love the images & the pretty colours
Hugz Fleur xXx

Debs M said...

both gorgeous! loving the background to the images x

jackid said...

love both of them Kathy they are gorjuss and thanks for congrats too
Jacki xx

xxxtglxxx said...

both of these are knockout Kathy :)

These are adorable images and they look perfect with your purple signature ;)

both of them are fab!

hugs

xxalisonxx

Cherry said...

I just love these cuties. - so adorable and beautifully coloured Kathy. Mwah Mwah. cherry

My name is Wynneth said...

Lovely Buggly cards Kathy (sorry I couldn't resist !!) Two smashers there sweetie, love both the H&S images you used, they are so cute :O)
hugs
wynneth
x