Monday, 14 March 2011

2nd post of the day - please scroll down to read earlier post

Hi there, me again!,

Decided that some crafting simply had to be done. I'd done a wash load, a bucket load of ironing, had lunch, done my correspondence - well, all I could till I made some more ATC's anyway! So I thought whatever it was that I was going to craft then it probably ought to be an ATC. I had a bit of a disaster yesterday whilst trying to use a Hero Arts collage stamp in that it fell off my acrylic block and landed somewhere I didn't want it, thus trashing the card blank. WELL, never one to waste stuff - THIS is much of that wasted image!


Materials used:
  • ATC blank
  • Linen effect white card
  • Hero Arts Collage stamp inked in VIVID cobblestone
  • Copic Atyou Spica glitter pens
  • Four faux emerald gemstones
  • Shimmer chalk in deep pink
How's your Monday coming along? Well, I hope!

10 comments:

Stef H (Glitterbabe) said...

how beautiful! i never would have thought green would make it pop but this is gorgeous!

hugs :)

scrappyjacky said...

This is lovely,Kathy...great way to use up 'wastage'.
Glad you got through all that confusing laundry/cleaning/sorting malarkey!!!!

Caroline Hallett said...

very nice Kathy - I try and recycle my disasters too - doesnt always work as sometimes they just get screwed up in frustration! I like your ATC x

craftattack said...

Good idea, I like to use up everything possible, too! Valerie

My name is Wynneth said...

Well done on turning a disaster into a triumph mrs k :O) this is really lovely and the green really pops against the background - fantastic !
hugs
wynneth
x

Lynn said...

Have just 'discovered' your blog after visiting Simplicity's blog:) Love all your cards and reading through your profile and entries realise you live not too far from me ether!!!

I see you are hoping to order A Muse's ovals set of stamps. Do you order direct from USA or do A Muse sell their stamps through an outlet here in the UK? I also noticed that A Muse has gone the demo route to sell their products now though.

Lynn x

Kathyk said...

FAO Lynn (since you don't seem to have a blog) I know a store in Lakeland (Florida) that stocks A Muse stamps and I hope to visit within the next few weeks.

Kathyk

xxxtglxxx said...

What a happy accident this turned out to be! :)

This looks great Kathy, a really pretty and stylish ATC.

hugs

xxalisonxx

massofhair said...

Always great to save what we can and you have saved the best bit!
Stunning stamping and images:-)

Lynn said...

Kathy thanks for the reply and I expect you will be taking an extra (empty) suitcase with you? :) I will have words with an American buddy about this stamp set lol.
I do have a blog over on wordpress but just seems easier to sign into most other people's blogs with my google account!!

Lynn X