Tuesday, 15 March 2011

2nd post of the day - please scroll down to read earlier post

Me again,

I seem to have slipped back in to the habit of posting twice in a day - hope I'm not boring you all!

Hubby in Gloucester this morning so I thought I would take the opportunity to do some crafting. I was thwarted however, when the gaswoman turned up before her earliest advisory time!!! She was actually waiting for him as he pulled up! Howzat! Apparently some problem with their computer meant they lost track of callouts other than those for which they already had parts and ours was the first appointment with parts! Guess this means he'll be home earlier too as she'd gone again by 10:30 and he only had the grass to cut and then a quick trip to Screwfix before returning home.

So, I've managed a card and an ATC so far this morning, here's the ATC:


Materials used:
  • Green ATC blank
  • Distress inks in bundled sage and forest moss
  • Inkadinkado image and Hero Arts sentiment inked in Ranger Archival jet black
  • Twinkling H2O's in yellow and gold
  • Quickie glue pen and gold foil
  • Clear dome sticker
  • Pink/gold Shimmer spray
And here's the card:


Materials used:
  • Virtual Pearl DL card and envelope
  • Inkadinkado Morphing flower set and sentiment (manufacturer unknown) inked in Ranger Archival Jet black
  • Watercolour pencils

Hope you like them - I know I do. The idea for the ATC came to me following the "mini beasts" twist over on Craft Mad & Loving It and I had the Morphing Bugs set of clear stamps, which are fab btw! And the flower card is a new home commission where a generic image was needed as the couple are giving up their home and moving in to a flat, so a house image wasn't appropriate.

Hope your Tuesday is shaping up . . . I had thought of heading off in search of a Rymans in the hope of finding their white card on three for two but . . . . hubby will probably be home before I get back so I might just wait till another time - it's not like I actually NEED the card!

9 comments:

SallyB said...

Hello there Kathy...
Lovely ATC... a beautiful green and I like the image very much...
Just caught up with all your posts... Have a good trip to Florida and 'yes' the girls are getting very excited and are having a countdown to how many days until the holiday. Can't quite believe that it has come around so fast. 'Kohls' seems to be uppermost in eldest daughters plans...She has looked up how to get there from the airport...Trendy celebrity Clothes??? I will be happy to relax in the sun and maybe some craft shopping!

Lauren Hatwell said...

Bee-ootiful Kathy. I just love that.

Beautiful New Home card, beautifully coloured too. What a feast for the eyes! Lx

clare said...

you have been a busy bee! love both the ATc and card. x

Katiejane said...

Loving those Inkadinkadoo stamps, how cute! I love what you've done with them. I love the way you coloured the ATC image and the colour combo on your card has a lovely calming feel to it, just lovely.
Katie :)

jacirascrap said...

seus ccartões sim é que são lindos! Sua técnica é maravilhosa! parabéns e obrigada por me visitar!

My name is Wynneth said...

Two fabulous creations there young kathy, I love the bee ATC - the morphing bugs is one of my fav stamp sets ! The card is also stunning, I really must let the morphing flowers set slip into my shopping basket next trip LOL
hugs
wynneth
x

Cardarian said...

Lovely ATC and card! Annoying when the come home early isn't it??? Ha, ha...still enjoy as much as you can! I love how you explain how you did the projects in detail! Thanks!
Hugs,
Cardarian

SYLVIA-ANNE said...

Love the stamps and the ink colours on the ATC - both projects are fabulous. Thanks for visiting my blog - enjoy the rest of the week. Hugs, Sylvia x

Cherry said...

Kathy these are two super creates. Love the bumbly bee but I just love the card - such great colourings and use of stamps - RESPECT PP. Hugs Cherry XxX