Thursday, 17 March 2011

2nd post of the day - please scroll down to read earlier post

Hi there,

Second post from me . . . and with a challenge card! Over on I Love Pro Markers this week's challenge is Male cards and I completely missed the last couple of challenges - where DOES the time go? Anyway, I had these "grumpies" stamped images burning a hole in my craft table and so I set about using one of them for this challenge. Once again, my thanks to Helen for mailing these fab images to me.



Materials used:
  • White, Linen effect DL card and envelope
  • Smeared Ink image and sentiment
  • Pro Markers to colour, mostly Orchid and Purple with a little warm grey2, (I used Orchid to colour the white card sentiment) and Copic Atyou Spica glitter pens to highlight
  • Black card for matting the sentiment and image - the image panel was run through my big shot inside an embossing folder and then the raised part highlighted with versacolour silver ink)
  • Silver Mirri card
  • Fiskars corner rounder
  • Plum patterned satin ribbon
  • HOTP Purple backing paper

So there it is, my entry for the male card challenge over on ILPM's - fancy having a go? The pop over to the blog (here) and check it out. Not many rules other than you MUST use pro markers on your project!! Easy peasy!

Aside from that, we're back from having the car serviced in Box this morning. We took two cars and went off for a bit of a jolly in one whilst the other had its service and MOT! We went first to Bradford on Avon - BADDDDD choice - market day, nowhere to park! Managed to squeeze in to one of the last parking spaces in the place AND it was right opposite the bank and only about 100 yards from our chosen breakfast place. A full English breakfast, complete with juice, toast and a hot drink later and we felt fortified till this evening! Walked round B-o-A for a while and watched the swans and ducks for a bit before heading back to the car and on to Chippenham where we did a little shopping and, as we got back in to the car, we got a text to say the other car was ready - how about that for timing then eh????? AND it turned out to be a lovely warm AND SUNNY day too - perfick, roll on summer! Anyway, here are two photos which I took in Bradford on Avon - ENJOY



Catch you all tomorrow - have a pleasant evening.


8 comments:

Debs M said...

lovely pics and fabby card!!

Tine said...

Hi Kathy. Glad you had a great day out. Certainly showing your love or purple today! Fun card. Thanks for joining us at I ♥ Promarkers.
Tine :)

Cherry said...

What a wonderful way to spend a sunny day Kathy, sounds like you both had a fab time. Love the pics - really atmospheric. Great Grumpy! Love the purple and your placement of the elements. Hope the car didn't cost too much. Hugs Cherry XXx

Lauren Hatwell said...

Oh I do love these little grumpies. She does look GREAT in purple too.... Lx

Karen said...

Hi Kathy
What a great image, I've never seen them before, thanks for joining us at I ♥ ProMarkers, lovely pics too.

xx

Rica said...

Hi Kathy, thanks for your visit and lovely comment. Oh....what and adorable Grumpy and he/she (probably he if he's grumpy lol) looks so cute in purple. Such a fun card.
hugs
Heather xx

My name is Wynneth said...

Great Grummpie card young kathy, loving all the purple too. Thanks for joining us on I ♥ Promarkers this week.
hugs
wynneth
x

WeirdCat said...

PMSL love that grumpy stamp, thank you for joining us at I♥ Promarkers this week
Ruth x