Friday, 18 March 2011

2nd post of the day - please scroll down to read earlier post

Just a quickie - a card for the Bah Humbug challenge which, this week, features "Metallics". I've had a Kanban kit lying around for what feels like far too long and with it's metallic accents seemed like a good idea at the time. HOWEVER, as a rubber stamping purist it FEELS like cheating! I'd be interested to hear what you think . . .



Materials used:
  • 300gsm white C6 card
  • Silver mirri card panel
  • Gold metallic panel run through a snowflake embossing folder
  • Kanban topper and message with metallic border

Thanks for your comments

9 comments:

Debs M said...

i know what you mean but if there in our stash it would be criminal to let them sit in a drawer x

Ann said...

oh I know how you feel but what a shame not to use them and it's not cheating really as you have to use the parts creatively and there is still a great deal of skill going into the piece.
It's a lovely card and one you should be proud of.
Ann xxx
Bah! Humbug! DT

Lauren Hatwell said...

well it looks great so it MUST be okay Lx

the crafty duck said...

Hi Kathy, this is lovely, I know what you mean I wanted to stamp something too this week but it wasn't to be !!! lol, maybe next time!! Lots of love Steph

Dora said...

Yes, it would be cheating not to use the stuff he he , love it, great embossing xxx

Hazel said...

Lovely embossing. As you've used silver foiling you might also like to join in my CHNC challenge 12 which is 'seasonal silver' - I'd love to see you there. x

Max said...

LOL ... did no one ever tell you there's no such thing as cheating in craftland? Beautiful card and let's face it, Kanban toppers are too good not to use! Thank you for sharing with us at Bah! Humbug!

Luv'n'Stuff
Max
xx
Max's Craft Creations
Bah! Humbug! Challenges DT

Barb said...

Kathy, this is lovely! The two metallics together is very effective!

My name is Wynneth said...

I empathise with you on the 'cheating' guilt but might I say you have done a splendid job with this card. I love the vibrant turquoise against the gold - fabulous dahlink !!!
hugs
wynnneth
x