Wednesday, 2 March 2011

3rd post for today - just a quick update

I know, I know - I'm only supposed to be doing one post per day . . . . BUT I do sometimes feel that too many piccies, especially for challenges, sort of clouds the concentration!! So here I am on my third post - please do check out the other two if you have time and haven't already.

I set out to achieve three challenge cards and two commission cards today but well, time just ran away and I had only managed one challenge card when I posted earlier - HOWEVER, I have now managed a second and this one is for OLW (One Layer Wednesday) over on the Simplicity blog (see it here) where challenge number 43 is Shimmer, not glitter or bling!! Hmmmm - for those struggling with CAS then this would appear almost impossible as we girls do love our bling and I must confess to very nearly adding some bling but just stopped myself as I realised that it would invalidate my entry in the challenge - oo-er!!! Of course it COULD work on the Simply Less is More challenge (which is THREE SQUARES) too . . .  couldn't it


Materials used:
  • White linen effect DL card and envelope
  • Penny black image on to which twinkling H2O's were applied directly, stamped and then allowed to dry.
  • Post-it mask made and then laid over my image
  • Three Square image (manufacturer unknown but they come with detachable wooden handles) inked in memento grape jelly
  • TPC Studio sentiment inked in memento grape jelly
And there you have my one layer card which could be used for many occasions and I hope you like it. Thanks for stopping by - I do hope you will take the time to leave me a comment as I do so appreciate them.

18 comments:

Lauren Hatwell said...

Gorgeous card Kathy. I do love those colours. Good job you remembered about the bling in time...phew! Lx

joanne wardle said...

well done, this is great. I'm struggling with this one, I used a shimmer spray but it warps the card, so no good for one layer cards

Mandi said...

This is very effective I really like that border
I do wonder if it would work better with the sentiment at the bottom...but thats being uber picky!
Sound like you re enjoying...so glad
mandi
"Less is More"

Chrissie said...

This sounds a very tricky technique, but you have done a great job!
It certainly has a shimmer!
Chrissie
"Less is More"

Linby said...

This is lovely. I'm a purple girl too!
Linbyx

Caroline Hallett said...

hi Kathy - I am waving at you from Bristol - can you see me! I work for the Soil Association - who have their HQ in Bristol, although I cover the South East for their Food in Schools Programme - I go there quite often - usually once a month - although this month I am there twice.... are there any good crafty shops I should visit - the office is near the big Primark, and I never get long - usually 10 minutes at the end of the day, but always good to seek out new places ;-)

xxxtglxxx said...

It doesnt need bling when its so pretty in its simplicity :) You have the knack of this style Kathy, but I would have to be sitting on my hands! :)

hugs

xxalisonxx

Susan Raihala said...

Gorgeous, creative, clever! Love the shimmer and the combination of the three square challenge is perfect!!!

Susan said...

Love the bright colors...and it's just the right amount of glitz!

Carol said...

Very nice!

Cheryl said...

Kathy - Great take on the OLW Challenge. Love the design.

shobanarravi said...

Tks for stopping by and leaving a word! :) Appreciate it! Your card threw me with its layout and technicalities and lovely color combo! Fab take on the challenge!

Laura said...

Thank you for visiting my blog! Wow, really lovely card!

Chaucer's Aunty said...

I really like the sentiment and the shimmer! Well done. Laura xxx

ding said...

Very clever card, beautifully done.
Diane x (many thanks for the comment on my scrabble dilemma!!)

Bonnie said...

Such a pretty purple shimmery flower!

kingstonmama said...

This is really pretty, and perfect for both challenges. The shimmer looks great!

Suze Bain said...

Just popped over from OLW, lovely "shimmery" card. Well done. x