Sunday, 6 March 2011

3rd post for today - just a quick update, don't, miss my earlier posts if you've not already seen them

Hi there,

Just a quickie as I've completed another challenge card which I'm hoping my friend will like for an 80th birthday card for a wine lover! It's the sketchie for this week over on Craft Mad & Loving It, where there have already been some fabulous entries including our lone male crafter (Sir Andy of Stafford as we like to call him!) who has recently discovered the joys of DOUBLE easel cards and has made some superb examples - he tells us they are every bit as easy as single easels but I have yet to try one! The added twist was "STRIPES" btw

Materials used:
  • Cryogen white C5 base card and envelope
  • One 12" x 12" sheet of the Costco double sided paper (plain one side and striped on the other - cool huh?)
  • Two panels of black card
  • My Stamps Happen image was stamped using Ranger Archival jet black ink and then coloured using pro markers before adding glossy accents to the bottle and two glasses and left to dry
  • Background distressing using Wild Honey and Aged Mahogany
  • Quickie glue pen and foil to highlight
  • Funstamps sentiment stamped in Ranger Archival jet black on to white card, cut out and then dabbed with the blending tool leftover Aged Mahogany ink
  • Retro punch in medium and large and the large one also treated with the leftover Aged Mahogany ink
  • Three silver brads
Hope you like it, please feel free to leave me a comment on any or all of my three posts for today - normal service will be resumed tomorrow (i.e. one per day)!!!

4 comments:

scrappyjacky said...

Love the wine image,Kathy.....would be great for a man.

Debs M said...

fabulous x

Stamping 4 Pleasure said...

Well I know you say in a later post you're not happy with your cards . . . but I really like this one!
Hugs, Sandra

Lauren Hatwell said...

This is great and would, indeed be great for a man. Lx