Wednesday, 23 March 2011

Afternoon and welcome to Hump Day Wednesday . . . . and I've used those challenge materials too!

Welcome to Hump Day Wednesday - soon be the weekend!! This morning I met up with a fellow crafter (although she's a stitcher/jewellery maker) at Hobbycraft. We chatted as we shopped and then adjourned to Costa Coffee within Tesco's. I bought a lovely Hero Arts stamp and a set of Claire Curd's clear men stamps and a Tim Holtz mask. Yee Haa - nice cup of tea then, washed down with a decadent chocolate caramel shortbread (don't tell hubby!).

And on a crafting front? Been making ATC's yesterday and today.


Materials used:
  • ATC blank on to which I have drawn dashed lines using Marvy le Plume pens freehand
  • PaperNation Sugar Nellie image donated some time ago so thank you to the kind person who sent it to me I'm only sorry I can't remember which of my crafting buddies it was.

And I made another trading card using another of the fab grumpies images from Smeared Ink recently sent me by Helen.


Materials used:
  • ATC blank on to which I drew lines freehand using my Marvy le Plume pens
  • Grumpies sentiment and image inked (I believe) in memento tuxedo black
  • Pro markers and Copic Atyou Spica glitter pens, to colour
Also had a thought about those "interesting" challenge materials from yesterdays post - remember them?


And turned them in to this ......................


Hope you like my treatment ..... how did I do it? WELL . . . First of all I ripped the phrase to fairly close and then adhered it to an ATC blank before applying a layer of clear gesso to the whole ATC. Whilst that dried I inked up my image with Ranger Archival jet black, coloured it using pro markers, cut it out and then applied glossy accents to the "fabric" part and set aside to dry. Back at the ATC blank I applied distress inks in Wild Honey and Aged Mahogany. Then I ran the two flowers through my Xyron sticker maker and then foiled the sticky side and adhered to my ATC using Scotch Quick Dry Glue then adding "oil on water" red gemstones to the centres. Once my glossy accents were dry I adhered my brolly to the ATC using the same Scotch glue and finished my ATC with a further three red "oil on water" gemstones - hope you think I did a good job with my materials!

Hope you've enjoyed looking at them as much as I've enjoyed making them!

Happy Wednesday everyone - make it a good one!



9 comments:

Brenda Brown said...

Yep you did good Kathy, great way of using the materials. Glad you had a good morning and finishing with tempting things (not fair cos I want to lose some weight).
luv and hugs {brenda} xoxox

scrappyjacky said...

Love that first ATC Kathy....are you sure it's a Papernation....looks just like one of my Sugar Nellie stamps!

Kathyk said...

If you reckon it was a Sugarnellie then I expect you are right - it was an image I was sent so I can't be sure and if you've got it then I bet it's Sugar nellie in which case thank you for correcting the information, Jacky

Kathyk

Lauren Hatwell said...

Three really great ATC's there Kathy. I love those freehand lines you've done. They look really great. You did great with quite a challenging set of ingredients from your ATC buddy too. I'm very impressed. Lx

Fleur said...

Great ATCs Kathy. All so different, but all fab.
Hugz Fleur xXx

Debs M said...

these are fab! x

Cherry said...

Way to go Kathy - great morning and great makes. Love the colours on you last ATC and how you used your goodies. Hugs Cherry xxx

xxxtglxxx said...

You did brilliantly Kathy with those bits :)

totally transfored them.

Love the SN cutie too!

hugs

xxalisonxx

Larisa said...

kathy, they are so funny and joyful))) Love your ATCs!!!