Thursday, 31 March 2011

Greetings from Florida . . . . soggy Florida at that!!!

Hi folks,

Want to welcome my latest follower, stamps and paper, glad you stopped by and hope you will continue to do so.

WELLLLLLL, the flight over was delayed at both ends - initially an aircraft change caused a delay of 90 minutes to our departure and then turbulence and the temporary closure of Orlando airport because of a storm caused further delay - as well as the deployment of a large number of sick bags we were told! It wasn't hard to see why the airport was closed for a short while as we passed several trees that had been blown down and LOTS (and LOTS) of debris in the roads too. The storm came in from the west coast yesterday and is moving SLOWLY eastwards so much of Florida experiencing wet and wild weather for most of today - the more usual Florida weather should return tomorrow, we're told. It's such a pity for first time vacationers here to experience this for their first and second day here, especially if they only have two SHORT week's. Thankfully, we're neither of those! WOO HOO. Let me see, what can we do in Orlando if it's raining? Tough one but, armed with my 40% discount vouchers I'm thinking MICHAELS!!!! Wish me luck - I'm going in!

Oh, yes, I've yet to unpack my craft stuff yet - still wondering where to craft since we have a pal joining us in only a few days . . . perhaps we'll chat to the lovely neighbours and borrow their table - from the garage!

I do hope you will check back again - I know I promised photos but, frankly, it's dark right now and wet too so photos? I don't THINK so! Maybe later ....

Hope you are having a good one since, for you lot in the U.K. it's rolling towards lunch time!

4 comments:

scrappyjacky said...

You'll be pleased to know.....it's raining here as well....so I too have been shopping....some more canvases.

butlersabroad said...

Lol, yes it does rain from time to time in FL! Happy shopping, I had a little spend at JoAnn.com last night, most paper crafting goodies are 40% off and I had a coupon for free shipping too! How long are you staying in the US?

Hugs
Brenda

Dora said...

Hi Kathy... didn't realise I've been away so long from here .. you lucky girlie.. back in Florida he he :) I loved Michael's when I was there :) Pity about the rain, but I always say.. rain is crafty weather ;) Enjoy xxx

Linda Cain said...

OK Kathy! Suze is down in Florida, too, with all the rain.

~Linda
later tonight I'll post.