Saturday, 19 March 2011

Happy Sketchie Day!

Morning all,

As my regulars will know, Saturdays are SKETCHIE DAYS over on Craft Mad & Loving It and today is not different - the only difference is that today I am presenting the sketch! Lauren's lap top has been giving her grief for a week or more now - she finally got of it fixed only to have two key caps drop off!!!!!!!!!!! How "un uc y" is that then - it's the L and the K keys too! Which has meant she's been unable to prepare her sketch hence my being asked if I'd mind swapping week's - no worries.

Anyway, here is my sketch . . . with the added twist of "I do like to be beside the seaside" - interpret how you will.....

And here is my own card to this sketch:


Materials used:
  • 300gsm white C6 card and envelope
  • Panel of the wondrous double sided card/paper from Costco - with corners rounded
  • Self adhesive silver glitter "ric rac"
  • Strip of double sided sheet adhesive and Sparkle 'n Sprinkle Hanaumi Bay glitter
  • Scalloped oval die cut, coloured using distress inks in broken china and weathered wood
  • Piece of white card with Crafty Individuals sentiment inked with Ranger Archival jet black, colour added with the leftover ink on the blending tool
  • Crafty Individuals "bathing belle" inked in Ranger Archival jet black and coloured using Pro Markers
  • Two gold glittered "starfish" embellies

Hope you like it - if you want to have a go then pop along to Craftbubble and join the Craft Mad & Loving It group and do just that!!!

Over on the Less Is More blog it's challenge day today and this week's challenge is . . .  "MASCULINE cards" and it MUST be a Clean And Simple card - OK peeps, start your creative processes!!!

On a slightly more sobering topic . . . . be warned, dear reader, that the advent of the new tax year seems to be bringing phishing e-mails offering "too good to be true" tax rebates. The e-mails ask you to log on to the linked web site and give your bank details. Mine told me I was in line for a £1534 rebate (must be inflation - last year they only tempted me with £600!) - I suspect that the moment they have your bank details that will be the amount LEAVING your account and not entering it. Please don't fall for it . . .  if it sounds to good to be true then it most probably is!.

Other than that, have a great weekend and thanks for stopping by


7 comments:

Debs M said...

great sketch and card Kathy x

jackid said...

Hi Kathy love your card will pop over in wee while and check everyone elses too fab sketch and theme I think I have something I can use puts you in the mood for a holibob lol anyway have a great weekend see you soon
Jacki xx

Katiejane said...

Great sketch Kathy, I love the wavy line idea. Your seaside image is great, I love the old fasioned images even though I don't have any myself. I think I may need to invest.
Katie

Lynn said...

Great card. Just love that bathing belle stamp and you have used it so creatively. Have eyed up this range of Crafty Individuals stamps and thought no not my style, but after seeing your use of it I may have to rethink :)
Lynn x

Brenda Brown said...

Great one Kathy, love the wavy line which looks like the sea.
luv and hugs {brenda} xoxox

Dora said...

Awww this is so nice, love the stamp xx

My name is Wynneth said...

Great sketchie and fabulous GDT card from you young kathy - only sorry I haven't had the time to play along with the challenge so far this week :O(
hugs
wynneth
x