Monday, 7 March 2011

Hello and welcome to Monday!

Wotcher peeps,

I know all of you lovely crafters will know what I'm talking about when I say that I had a day (yesterday) when I had quite a lot of crafting to do (challenges and commissions) and I got on with them. I finished several cards and photographed them, and here's the bit you'll all understand - I don't particularly like them despite the fact that there's nothing actually wrong with them! What IS that all about?

Anyway, I decided that Sunday was plainly not a good crafting day and quit whilst I was still ahead! . . .  but not  before one last card!

Over on Craft Mad & Loving It the Sunday themed challenge is "SHAPED CARDS"! I had a template for a triangular card and envelope which definitely fit Karen's criteria of not square or oblong!



Materials used:
  • Stardream cryogen white card and 105gsm copy paper to make the envelope
  • Tim Holtz design ruler and pricking tool
  • Black gel pen to create faux stitching
  • Purple faux gemstones
  • Papermania sentiment and Inkadinkado image (stamped on the inside of the card) inked in memento grape jelly
After the crafting day I had yesterday it shouldn't come as any surprise to hear that I am still working on an 80th birthday card, a welcome to your new home card and another friend has just asked if I will make a birthday card - to arrive in Germany by the 13th! I'm sure I can find a little window of opportunity to do that for a pal.

Have a great, and craft-y Monday everyone - feel free to pop back later to see how successful I've been too . . .

8 comments:

Stamping 4 Pleasure said...

Perfect shaped card and I love that flower stamp!
Hugs, Sandra

jackid said...

I know exactly what you mean Kathy it's a bummer when that happens you just can't put your finger on why either can you lol love this card though very stylish
Jacki xx

xxxtglxxx said...

I never really like anything of mine when its done ;) I think for me its because they very rarely turn out how I planned or imagined. lol.

Your card is very original and creative and I dont tend to step away from the square very often (I think shapes are harder to photograph) but this looks excellent.

Great sentiment and image and great use of your favourite colour Kathy! :D

have a fab week!

hugs

xxalisonxx

Debs M said...

great card but i know what you mean, good luck with the others x

Lauren Hatwell said...

Love this card. The cone flower is lush and the purple is great with the clean white card. Great shape too. Lx

Brenda Brown said...

I've never made a triangular card Kathy, this one of yours is great. Love the design of it.
Hope you feel better about your work today.
luv and hugs {brenda} xoxox

Dora said...

This is lovely Kathy, love the shape of this card, haven't tried this one yet, looks nice xxx

Katiejane said...

What a great shaped card blank and I'm loving the purple theme throughout. Another simple yet stunning card. Lovely.
Katie