Tuesday, 1 March 2011

Hi there..... and welcome to ....... MARCH!!!

Hi there peeps, and welcome to new follower Caroline Hallett - hope to see you checking back sometime soon too.

Wasted a day yesterday waiting in for a next day delivery that could have happened right up till 21:00 . . . . by the time it got to 21:15 we surmised we'd wasted our money paying for next day delivery - don't you just hate that!? Mind you, blooming cold here in Bristol so I wasn't that bothered about going out anyway!

And at least I did get some crafting done although waiting in for this parcel meant that hubby had to go do the chore we had planned to share whilst I stayed in as it happened . . . . . . fruitlessly!

As my regular readers will know, I exchange ATC's with a crafting pal on the Isle of Skye . . . she sends me materials and I make an ATC and return that, along with materials for her to make an ATC - she then sends her take on mine along with the original of hers - you following this? It's a perpetual challenge and is a bit more interesting than just a straightforward swap all the time. We've been doing this for years and it's usually a very pleasant surprise to see what my pal, Pam, does with materials - hers are usually quite different to my own although, in fairness, about twice we've accidentally produced VERY similar ATC's - how weird is that? given the distance we live apart. This envelope included very few materials: a length of ecru lace, three faux pearls and an embossed cake!! Hmmmmm - I set to thinking about it and simply couldn't conceive an ATC with JUST those items so added an inked pink border (inked to be a closer match to the flowers in the . . ), Kate Knight paper, a Hero Arts stamped sentiment and crystal stickles - and this is how it turned out. It has to be said that this ATC will have to be mailed in a "large" stamped envelope despite its small size as the pearl and the lace are quite thick.


A while ago my good friend, Lauren, sent me some stamped images from Alice in Wonderland and I coloured a number of them . . . . I chose one of them to use today.

Materials used:
  • ATC blank
  • Blue card run through a die cutter inside an argyle embossing folder
  • Alice image stamped in memento tuxedo black and coloured using pro markers
  • Glossy accents on the "upholstery" of Alice's chair and then Crystal Glamour Dust sprinkled liberally
  • Tim Holtz special edition micro mini sentiment stamped on to white card in Ranger Archival jet black and then cut out
  • Three faux crystals
I do love a bit of bling - don't you? And what am I sending back to Pam? Well I've made a nice ATC myself using just the blank ATC and colouring with distress inks (which I can't send her!) then the flower and sentiment have been inked directly on to the blank before watercolouring and then applying clear gesso to both seal the ATC and adhere crystal glamour dust for yet more sparkle!! SO, all I can realistically send to Pam will be the ATC blank with the flowers and sentiment stamped directly on - it will be interesting to see what she treats it to . . . .it's a Penny Black flower stamp from the set "Allegro".

Have a fab Tuesday and wish me luck with obtaining my overdue parcel of cooker spares!!! It has, apparently, left the depot on its way to us but our supplier is unable to confirm where this depot might be so it could be Istanbul for all we know!!! They are, however, refunding the "express Delivery" charge - hmmmph!, I should think so too.

Here's wishing a Happy Birthday to my crafting pal, Rosie - have a good one matey! 


8 comments:

sherryann (aka Sherry Eckblad) said...

Cute cards I really like the alice in wonderland one.
You know here in the states if we pay for priority mail and it doesn't arrive you get your money back. Not sure if it is the same where you are or not.

Kathyk said...

We do too and we are being refunded the "EXPRESS Delivery" charge but it's still not here - 2nd day!

Kathyk

scrappyjacky said...

Love the glittery Alice.

Elaine Stark said...

Pity you had to wait all day. it is infuriating. Great ATC's, I haven't made any for ages. I have left you an award on my blog. Elaine

Brenda Brown said...

Ooooh how annoying when you've waited all that time. Good job you didn't have to take time off work, that would have been even more of a bug bear.
Great ATCs, love the sparkle.
Take care.
luv and hugs {brenda} xoxox

Debs M x said...

fab atc's x

Lauren Hatwell said...

Evening Your Purpleness. Sorry I'm a bit late. What a busy day! Loving your ATC's. I think you've done a lovely job with your cake ATC. I like the way you've layered the lace and decorative border. Very nice. Shame about the large envelope stamp...hmph!

I absolutely LOVE the sparkle on Alice's chair and the lovely embossed backing. Love those Alice stamps and you've really made the best of them. Lx

Caroline Hallett said...

aw Kathy - thanks for name checking me! I followed your blog because its full of really great projects and tutorials - and I need to learn. And LOVING alice x