Thursday, 24 March 2011

Hi there and welcome to a sunny Thursday!

Afternoon folks,

How's your Thursday coming along?

Had a home chiropodist appointment this morning so my feet are now all primped ready for their pending vacation - bless! Same thing for the hair tomorrow!

Hubby's painting away in the utility room so that should be all finished before we go away - yee haa - only almost two years in the pipeline!

I've even had time to do a little crafting and this afternoon simply MUST finish the new home card commission and get that off to my friend. I did a CAS new home card, which she loved, but she asked for some ribbon to be added - you know what it's like when you've made a card (esepcially a CAS card) and you simply cannot fathom how anyone could possibly want to add anything else - let alone ribbon. I've been thinking about this for several days now and really need to get on with it . . . before my pal thinks I've forgotten it! I also have an 80th birthday card which has been waiting on my friend's inspiration . . . for the insert, which she's now done. I've run up two inserts in similar but not the same font and e-mailed her photos (including the card) so she can make her final selection which will then allow me to finish that and get it on its way too - hooray.

In the meantime I've made a good luck card for my friend with her imminent Grade VII piano exam . . .



Materials used:
  • 5" square white card
  • Panel with rounded corners and a Magnolia piano stamped on (donated by a crafting buddy some time ago so apologies for not naming and thanking said buddy but THANK YOU to you if it was you)
  • Blue panel with rounded corners
  • 5" Ribbed navy strip edged using a Martha Stewart PATP punch
  • Three strands from a pack of multicoloured metallic embroidery thread - which, sadly, doesn't really show in the photo.
  • Good Luck sentiment (can't remember the manufacturer) inked in Ranger Archival jet black, directly on to card.
Hope you like it and, above all, I hope Liz likes it and that the good luck wishes work for her and she gets a knockout mark in her exam too.

Several people asked me what stash I acquired yesterday at Hobbycraft so here's a photo . . . I bought the glue pack as it was £6.99 and contained three stix2 rolls of double sided tape, a tape runner, glue stick, tube of silicon glue and also a couple of sheets of dimensional sticky pads so I didn't think that was bad value! I succumbed to the Hero Arts houses although I've been trying to steer clear of wooden backed stamps because storage has become a real issue to me but simply couldn't resist this and have already made some ATC's using it.



And here's an ATC made using it . . .


Materials used:
  • ATC blank
  • Hero Arts row of houses, Katie & Co sentiment and Inkadinkado birds inked in Ranger Archival jet black
  • Distress inks in broken china and pumice stone
Hope you like this little ATC too - particularly if you are a trading buddy of mine as it COULD be heading your way!

Have a splendid Thursday - hubbys halted the painting procedures because there's a new (and enormous) plane buzzing around here causing him palpitations!!! It's apparently an A300M!!! It was so low last circuit you could practically chat to the "driver" and, as a plane nut he find himself in 7th heaven - oh here it comes again!!!


5 comments:

scrappyjacky said...

Love that house stamp,Kathy...think I need that as well....and love how the ATC turned out.

Dora said...

O wow Kathy, niiiceee goodies there, love your houses card, no wonder you couldn't resist buyin it. Yes, me too trying not to buy any more wooden stamps xxx

Kate said...

Nice buys and I do like that house stamp it looks great on the ATC.

** Kate **

mustavcoffee said...

Hi Kathy, busy busy, off on holiday, how exciting!
Love your ATC's that little houses stamp is a must have:0) I'm not very good at changing cards for people and adding a ribbon that hasn't been planned for would give me the bejeebers, ooh!
Hope you have a great time:0) xxx

Brenda Brown said...

Fabulous ATC, that stamp is gorgeous and lots of new goodies. A300 - that must be making a noise then?? If I remember correctly it's an Airbus.
luv and hugs {brenda} xoxox